Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lizzy T is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Hi All ... I'm new and doing CACHE Level 3

Hi All

Lovely to meet you !! I am new to all this and have recently found this site which I think is amazing. (Wish I'd found it 3 years ago when I did my CACHE Level 2). I would be really grateful for some help and advice and hopefully I will be able to help some of you as well

Anyway, I am doing the CACHE Level 3 Assignment and it asks for criteria B1 -

Consider strategies the teaching assistant can use to respond to behaviour which may put at risk their own safety and the safety of others.

Some pupils behaviour issues pose a risk to the T/A or others in the classroom. If a pupil is displaying dangerous behaviour,suggest strategies a T/A could use to keep everyone safe. Think carefully and write about these strategies from more than one perspective.

I have written already all about moving away from the pupil displaying dangerous behaviour and speaking to another who may be involved. Giving them time to calm down ,helping to try and rebuild relationships with negotiation and discussions. Getting a responsible child to get the help of another adult if you cannot leave the incident etc. But I would be interested to hear any other perspectives or ideas as I've got brain overload at the moment !!!

Thank you soooooooooooo much and I look forward to hearing from anyone

Love Lizzy x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

PeePe is on a distinguished road

I remember this being discussed at a safeguarding course I did.

Another way to look at this is if the child is in a contained classroom, the safest option may be to remove the other children from the classroom as they are less likely to cause injury to others if they remain in the classroom , whereas if they are removed to a different part of the school the risks to others increase.
Unread 05-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lizzy T is on a distinguished road
Highfive CACHE LEVEL 3 - Dangerous behaviour

Hi PeePe

Thank you so much for the great advice. I must admit that I hadn't thought about it from that perspective, but I think that is the sort of answer they are talking about and expecting to be written in the assignment.

You are a star ...and thanks once again !!

Lizzy

Last edited by Lizzy T : 05-08-2011 at 03:19 PM.