Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

suzifun is on a distinguished road
Help SOS help me please

i am soo stuck and in need of some help please! i am really struggling with unit 303 kq k3d213 what are competing theories how children develop and how does current theoricatical view influence your own practice? I simply just dont know what to do and tbh my tutor doesnt help I dont know where to start and starting to feel i shouldnt ave took this on. please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzifun View Post
i am soo stuck and in need of some help please! i am really struggling with unit 303 kq k3d213

what are competing theories how children develop by competing I take it you mean opposing? If so, you need to read up, so you know your theories, then you'll know which ones seem to disagree/compete with others theories/views etc. So Piaget may say...., but Vygotsky says...., Bruner says..... but Dewey says... , but skinner....By the way, I've just typed any names - you'll have to check.

and how does current theoricatical view influence your own practice? How does it influence/how does it affect the way you work with children? Do you agree with Piaget and his views on children's development stages? or do you not? How do you think a child develops best? Perhaps you have read or agree/prefer another theorist's way of thinking/views etc and you follow some of their principles, but then again, you may have read of another theorist such as Winnicott and can identify with their views, stating this has influenced you in this area.... etc etc

I simply just dont know what to do and tbh my tutor doesnt help I dont know where to start and starting to feel i shouldnt ave took this on. please help
This question is asking you about theorists and possible competing/opposing views - but you will have to read up on some to know which ones these are. You'll not be expected to read whole books , but you will need to read and feel comfortable with what you are writing about, and understand what you are writing about.

Then they'll want to know how has it affected/influenced they way you work with children. You may have read about attachment theory, or you may have read about children and their dietary needs -and if you agree ot not with what you have read and understood - do you wholeheartedly agree and do everything you have read by that 'theorist'? or do you use some of their ideals, some of others etc and why?
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

perfect answer Heidi!