Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road
Default 304 SWOT analyst

Can any one help to give me any ideas on the SWOT analyst.
I have covered strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities but need to cover threats, not to sure what to put as everything on the web is about business, where I need it to be about develop my practice, I don't manage a setting and only volunteer so not sure what to put. any help will be appreciated thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy edwards View Post
Can any one help to give me any ideas on the SWOT analyst.
I have covered strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities but need to cover threats, not to sure what to put as everything on the web is about business, where I need it to be about develop my practice, I don't manage a setting and only volunteer so not sure what to put. any help will be appreciated thanks

A 'threat' is something that could jeopardise the business/setting - so what could 'unhinge' your setting?

Things such as key members of staff leaving.

The economy - if people/parents are made redundant, they may reduce their child's hours or withdraw them.

Cash Flow/Working capital - is there enough monry in the account to pay running costs i.e. wages, rent, maintenance etc

Competition - has a new setting opened up next to you? and will it/or is it affecting your sales/numbers/money? Will you be able to weather the storm/keep running with nearby competition?

Government or local authority lesgislation - depending on what it is, it may be a threat, there could be a new ruling that all members of staff need to be qualified to a certain standard - that may be achieveable with grants, good cash flow etc, but if your setting was set on the first floor and the government brought in legislation saying all settings must be on the ground floor for safety reasons, this could be a real threat if your setting was up a flight of stairs and you were unable to find alternative suitable premises locally.

Some settings are currently 'under threat' due to the single funding formula, some have seen their funding drop down to the lowest band (out of three), if their customers decide they do not like the price hike that some are having to introduce, they could go elsewhere or children may not attend so frequently.
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

I forgot to add, but I'm sure you've worked it out if these threats became a reality, there'd be no development of the practice, there might not be a setting/staff to develop, therefore it is very relevant, without a good business plan - you have nothing, or you have until the money runs out.
Unread 05-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road

thank so much did have economic and competitors so I was on the right track :0)