Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road
Default eymp4 changes

hi everyone
this is my question
comment on how the number of free hours of childcare has been extended and describe how this has led to changes in nursery classes.
i know the hours have increased to 15 hours but not sure what changes it makes x
any advice would be great x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi everyone
this is my question
comment on how the number of free hours of childcare has been extended and describe how this has led to changes in nursery classes.
i know the hours have increased to 15 hours but not sure what changes it makes x
any advice would be great x
Look at the single funding formula for the early years sector. The changes made are numerous such as there is a three tier funding band - low for those with minimum qualifications in a setting, a medium band going up to a top band for a setting with an EYP with all other staff qualified to a certain level.

Settings in the PVI sector will be treated more fairly than they once were - although a maintained nursery gets a teacher's salary added on top of their funding. The funding can now be split between all settings in the private/voluntary or independent sector.

Other changes are that you can offer the 15 hours to suit your setting/parents needs, either 6 x 2.5hours or 5 x 3hours.You can have 2 sessions running into one another giving 6 hours ( including lunch hour) or offer 2x 2.5 hour sessions daily charging for a lunch hour in between. Google single funding formula so that you can read of all the changes as this is just the tip of the iceburg.
Unread 05-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I missed a word out and it was important (maintained), funding can now be split between the pvi and the maintained sector - before if a child attended a state nursery and a local playgroup, funding could not be split/shared and the maintained nursery would have the funding and the pvi setting had to charge.

Now the funding can be split between a maintained nursery and a playgroup, before if a child attended two playgroups/pre-school/ private nursery funding could be shared between them, but put a maintained nursery into the mix and this was not allowed.

I hope I've explained this clearly.
Unread 05-07-2011, 02:06 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

thank you so much i will go do some research now and a big thank you x