Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 07-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default identify balanced meals, snacks and drinks

Hi everyone

again i need a little guidance on:

5.3. Identify balanced meals, snacks and drinks for children in their early years following current government guidance on nutritional needs.

do i have to identify what kind of things children need such as
Milk and dairy foods.
Bread, and other cereals such as rice.
Fruit and vegetables.

Do i have to add what foods they shouldn't be given such as raw eggs, Whole or chopped nuts, salt,sugar and honey?

How much on each section do you need to write?

many thanks for all your help i really appreciatte it.

I only work for a playgroup so only provide snacks for children so will have to do alot of research on this question.
Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-31-2011, 04:54 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Lynne
for this question i had to do a healthy daily menu for 7 days including drinks and snacks if you like i can pm you it so you can have a look, is it part of EYMP3 ? or have i got wrong question x
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM

Hi wendy
there is two questions that to me are very similar they are:

5.1 Plan balanced meals, snacks and drinks for children in their early years,following current government guidance on nutritional needs.

5.3. Identify balanced meals, snacks and drinks for children in their early years following current government guidance on nutritional needs.

Did you answer both questions with the same answer.

That would be great if you could pm me as i havent really got a clue how to answer both questions and not seeing tutor until beg of sept so would like to answer all my remaining questions and my optional units before i see him, so that then i will just have to finish any sections if i need to add anything.

Thanks for your help Wendy i really appreciatte it

Lynne
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kerrie D is on a distinguished road

HI Lynne,
I also only provide snacks so had to look up what would be appropriate to use in a balance weekly menu, I used the following websites for assistance www.nhs.uk www.eatwell.gov.uk www.bhf.org.uk and www.food.gov.uk

Drinking water at school, nutritional guidance for children aged 1 to 5 in Scotland, school food trust, weaning on DoH

Hope this helps

Kerrie x
Unread 07-31-2011, 06:13 PM

hi lynne
will pm you x
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:01 PM

Hi Kerrie

thankyou these sites are very useful for alot of this unit e.g. allergies and things

Lynne
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi lynne
will pm you x
Thanks Wendy that has really helped will now be able to get on with this unit.

Did you see what i mean about the questions, they are very similar but different as such still a bit confused with the other question but think it's to do with identifying foods that children need as such like no salt or making sure that they have the correct amount of protein and minerals will get my head around it eventually.

Think i look into it too much and not comfortable about the needs of children when dealing with foods but i can find the info out via the net and a lot of research.

Thankyou for the menu it is very interesting and will help me alot.

Lynne
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:32 PM

hi Lynne
yes they are very similar and think its talking more about the amounts of different food groups from the eat well plate ie how much salt, fat, protein carbs etc they need depending on age i must of wrote about it but cant seem to find it x
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:12 PM

Hi Wendy

thats what i thought it ment like when a child can eat the same foods as adults and how much of certain things they need like protein carbs, fat and salt etc, so think i will start with babies and go until the age of five with just a few examples and i will try and not go into too much detail. Don't want to have it sent back with more to do. but i think i understand the question now so will try and do both questions tomorrow especially has i have had a lot of help with the one questio.

Thanks for your help and input really appreciatte it.

Lynne
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mum2 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help.......

Hi, could you help me with the meal planner please, im really struggling on this and feel like ive hit a wall, I know the foods that are good for you its the balanced side of it im getting stuck on, Any help will be appreciated. Thanks