Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

JVBEDDOES is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Please help im so worried

Again I started this course in Sept 2010. when we first started it was stated that it was an eighteen mounth course. This has since been reduced to 10 months this has since been reduced to the beginning of July are original date was for the end of July. This has put a huge amount of pressure on myself and others, this alongside other factors that have arisin for example we had new students starting five months into the course which I felt un settled myself and others. Our assessor was also not able to start assestments until January. It also occured to me that our Tutor has been dismissing class an hour early every week since sept so we have therefor missed Xamount of learning hours.
Those of you who say you have had an extention please can I ask how you went about. My tutor just seems to say it will all come together But I can see that its not. Any advice would be most appericiated best of luck to you all.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jmima is on a distinguished road

Yikes! Talk about putting pressure on you! I don't think it's possible to just reduce the length of teh course like that so late on? I'd ask to speak to someone higher up the food chain that your tutor.

Im doing the course over 18months (will have completed my first year in July) and that's a hard slog as it is, so for them to shorten the deadlines like that seems odd.

No other advise, though. Like I said, if you're on top of your work and your tutor isn't taking your concerns seriously, go to the boss.

Good luck.
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Claire36 is on a distinguished road

Hi I started this course in September 2010 and I cant believe that I finished last week.

There's been so many times that I thought that it wouldn't be possible.

I learnt to use previous learning from my NVQ2 where I could, it's also good to make the most of your assessor when they come in and professional discussions are also useful instead of speading hours writing answers.

Good luck
Unread 06-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

persie is on a distinguished road

Ur assessor comes in? Ours started coming to college once every few weeks since easter for portfolio building! No private 1to 1 discussions, and she only came on board in december after there were problems getting police screening for an assesssor attached at my local campus
feel like screamng as I have also had personal trauma this year which has not helped
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

you can ask for an extention under these cercumstances we had with a lady last year her tutor was found not to be setting enough work and ignore her student so the lady got an extention to finsh her course do to it being found that her tutor had not meet her requirement you might need to go to your settings manager for help with this.