Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 05-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mominah is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with some questions on HSC3045 !

================================================== ===========
Focussed support for unit 115 / CYPOP 41 / HSC 3045
================================================== ===========

Hi,

Im working on the be able to sections of HSC3045 on promoting positive behviour and I need some guidance or resoruces to use for it:

4.2. demonstrate how to respond to incidents of challenging behaviour following behaviour support plans, agreed ways working or organisational guidelines.

4.3. Explain the steps taken to maintain the dignity and respect of an individual whne rsponding to incident of challenging behaviour.

5.1. Demostrate methods to support an individual to return to a calam state following an incident of challenging behaviour.

5.4. Demonstare how to debrief other involved in an incident of challenign behaviour.

Please someone help me in completeing this optional module, really regret doing this module, as too difficult to find books for this unit.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Spikey is on a distinguished road

I'm doing this optional unit too although I've not even looked at it yet. I'm leaving it til last, which means I'll be looking at it very soon (happy days!).

I spoke to my tutor about this unit because there is very little information in the book. She suggested looking at the good old internet and looking back through the textbook because there is some of the information already there in previous units!

For 4.2, 4.3 and 5.5 she told me to "write a R/A which demonstrates how you have responded appropriately to incidents of challenging behaviour. Explain the steps that are taken to maintain the dignity and respect of an individual when responding to an incident of challenging behaviour. Describe the steps that should be taken to check for injuries following an incident of challenging behaviour."

I know this is basically what the questions are asking, but somehow when she told me that, it seemed to make more sense!?! Maybe just me.

I admit I'm dreading this unit! Sorry I'm not a week or two ahead of myself otherwise we could help each other through it.

Good luck - I'll be knocking on your door soon for help!
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:13 PM

mominah is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've already done two R/A on this unit, and still haven't covered all, its sometimes difficult to cover all criteris in one R/A, Yeh sure found silky step quiet helpful with some of the questions and the CACHE LEVEL 3 book CYP3.2, is also quiet helpful for HSC3045, do use it while ur working on this unit, and there are many sites that help with things proactive and reactive strategies, there is loads of information on that on the internet.

Try to get witness testiomony for some assessment criteria from your workplacement/job as it would definitely save time and hastle.
Thanks for trying to help.

Good luck with ur course.
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:34 AM

Spikey is on a distinguished road

Thank you :-) I do feel like I've hit a brick wall with this unit and SCMP2!