Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sasveitch is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Play work principles and how they relate to this unit

Hi, this is the first time I have posted, I have read lots on here and all advice is great, I am doing sqv level 3, assuming its very similar to the nvq? I have a extremely un helpful tutor who has told me she doesn't have time for me!!! nice eh?!?

any how, im kinda stuck on this question and not sure if im on the right track (tutor says she can call me mon to help!!)

1) Research the Playwork Principles and explain how they relate to this Unit. k.1

My answer so far.........

The following principles are covered in this account of a play session 2.3.4.5.8
I set up and provided the two year old children with a play space, after researching what two years olds need and the various types of play and experiences they should have i decided to provide them with a play dough table, I gave them a variety of different cutters and boards for them to choose from, they all chose what they were wanting in the play space, as it was the first time they had seen play dough i showed them different things they could do with it, roll it, cut it, mould it, squeeze it. once they had chosen everything i moved slightly away from the table to allow them to play, i observed them playing for a while and then one of them asked me to help, i moved back over to the table and assisted the child with what he was doing, as i was sitting with them i asked if they had enjoyed playing with the dough, they all said yes, i asked if they would like anything else on the table, they said they would like a different colour, they decided on blue, some more cutters and things to stick into it.
The following week i provided them with the different colour dough some more cutters and a box of mixed dried pasta, they started to put the pasta into the dough and one if them started singing incy wincy spider, one of the children turned to me and said i want a spider so i joined them at the table and helped them to make the spiders, we then all sang the song together, one of the children picked up the pasta and was trying to eat it so i explained that he couldn't eat it and that it would make his tummy poorly if he did.
Once they had finished at the table they moved onto the water table playing with the water and tipping it into the funnel to see what it did, they asked me to help, they wanted me to fill the water squirter so they could squirt each others hands, they then squirted the boats that one of the children had added to the table, they played here for around five minutes. They then went to the home corner and started having a picnic

Playwork Principles
1. All children and young people need to play. The impulse to play is innate. Play is a biological, psychological and social necessity, and is fundamental to the healthy development and well being of individuals and communities.
2. Play is a process that is freely chosen, personally directed and intrinsically motivated. That is, children and young people determine and control the content and intent of their play, by following their own instincts, ideas and interests, in their own way for their own reasons.
3. The prime focus and essence of playwork is to support and facilitate the play process and this should inform the development of play policy, strategy, training and education.
4. For playworkers, the play process takes precedence and playworkers act as advocates for play when engaging with adult led agendas.
5. The role of the playworker is to support all children and young people in the creation of a space in which they can play.
6. The playworker's response to children and young people playing is based on a sound up to date knowledge of the play process, and reflective practice.
7. Playworkers recognise their own impact on the play space and also the impact of children and young people’s play on the playworker.
8. Playworkers choose an intervention style that enables children and young people to extend their play. All playworker intervention must balance risk with the developmental benefit and well being of children.

any help or advice gratefully received, thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-30-2015, 02:50 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

first, and most importantly ring the college or training centre and speak to the senior tutor. they ve been paid a lot of money complain now. if one of my tutors said this then id be fuming.

in order to help we need to know what the unit is