Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Popular early years themes and children's topics of interest > All about me

All about me A forum full of activities to support the theme of myself, ourselves, my life, growing up, my name, body, friends, family, likes and dislikes

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Book Review Book Review: Ready For Bed !

Preschool book reviews for Early Years and Wrap Around care ..

Ready For bed ! Written by Jane Johnson & illustrated by Gaby Hansen

Beautiful book and a great inclusion to the Home corner or play crib and cot area. Once the children are familiar with the story and its concept they will easily be able to 'read it to their dolls and toys.

We have the hard backed edition which should be fairly well wearing and sturdy.

Although the book does seem to be classified as a toddler book it is an excellent light hearted look at the trials of being a parent and just how hard it is sometimes for little ones to sleep !!

The illustrative style is a personal favourite with mellow water colour images that blend & flow perfectly with the gentle 'nudging reality of the story line ..

Mrs Rabbit has all her 5 babies tucked up for the night - 'Peace' she sighs and settles in a chair to enjoy the quiet. But all too soon her first snore is interupted by one very awake baby bunny who also happens to be the youngest ..

Fighting off the urge to sleep both baby bunny and Mrs Rabbit go through soothing routines to calm and settle .. Baby bunny's contentment is in his enjoyment of having Mrs Rabbit all to himself ... Exhausted but with rhyme she eventually yawns 'Stirry Whirly, creamy white - Time to cuddle and say goodnight '. Still defiant Bunny has a burst of energy and hoppity hops until ... he - flops .

Mrs Rabbit falls into bed and then through snores hears a call from the second youngest bunny ...

Wonderful

Links are in association with our Amazon Affiliate account

If you'd like to plan or provide free flow access to some 'Bed themed activities our National Bed Month thread has some good ideas - National Bed month
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-29-2008, 07:45 AM
diane6170

This is a really beautiful book. Thanks for that great review. My kids really loved it when I read it to them the last time.