Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

flashers is on a distinguished road
Default Evaluate ways in which concerns about poor practice can reported?

Please help Me on CYP Core 3.3 - 3.3

Q - Evaluate ways in which concerns about poor practice can report whilst ensuring that whistleblowers and those practice or behaviour is being questioned are protected.

Not sure I totally understand the question to be honest. So far I have written the below

As a registered childminder I adhered to OSFTED and EYFS framework. The children’s safety and well-being is of upmost importance and I will not hesitate in taking the necessary steps to protect children and young people from harm.
A whistle-blower is when a person exposes concerns occurring in an organisation directly to an outside body.
The Whistle Blowing Policy is put into place in organisations to provide protection should a person (employee) blow the whistle if concerns are genuine and acting in good faith. The policy gives a voice to employees and others who have concerns about malpractice. Whistle blowers are protected by law from losing their job or being victimised as a result of what they have uncovered and made public.

Am I on the right lines???I am a childminder and work alone so should I b writing about child disclosure ???

Sorry very confused on this - any help would b great

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, sounds good whistle-blowing can happen within an organisation - usually guided by a policy and/or externally xx

Evaluate ways means that you're able to look closely at all the options available to you so that you're confident to address situations where you witness any colleague act or behave inappropriately, and ultimately to know & feel safe, that should an allegation ever be made against your professional practice you'll be treated fairly.

Page 121 of the heinemann handbook recommends
you ought to whistle blow by
  • Thinking about exactly what is worrying you and why
  • Approach a superviser / manager / appropriate safeguarding or childminding network officer
  • Tell someone about your concerns as soon as you feel you can
  • Put your concerns in writing, outlining the background and history, giving names, dates and places where you can.
  • Make sure something happens
Whistleblowing does take courage; there is a risk of being bullied or harrassed. But anyone who whistle blows has the right to protection from the person they have raised concerns about. You will need to identify or be introduced to a suitable person that can offer you support. If a job is lost due to a whistle blowing incident the UK Public Interest Disclosure Act (1998) offers legal protection.

PCAW website

Who & how would you report concerns?
To a a named person,
Children's service department,
Ofsted,
NSPCC?

If in England pages 30 & 31 of the EYFS framework details complaints and states how providers can advertise/promote the contact Ofsted offers to parents - setting's display poster thread

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-14-2014, 11:00 PM

You are such a star - thank u for helping me xxxx
Unread 07-15-2014, 02:19 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

remember this is EVALUATE which demands for more than explain and describe you need to ooh at the pros and cons of the policies a good case study to use is vanessa george but it has to be in depth
Unread 07-15-2014, 09:36 PM

Thank u both for your help xx