Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > ERR & induction standards

ERR & induction standards Please use this forum to discuss workplace induction standards and employment rights and responsibilities - E.R.R. workbook

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Enyajeemia is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 & 5.4

Im SO stuck right now!

Im banging my head against a brick wall!!!

Im stuck on the ERR book, for apprentices - its to make sure we understand the law and legisltations within our workplace etc.

Ive got lituraly 4 questions left to do (the ones below) and i am SO confused!

I keep writing things and sending it back to my tutor only for her to say its incorrect or i cant use certain bits.....

QUESTIONS:

5.1 Identify occasions where the public have raised concerns regarding issues within the sector.

-- I used the case of the male nursery worker who abused the children within his care. Ive been told to now use the case of Vanessa George, who was at the center of a paedophile ring back in 2009. She took photographs of the children whilst changing nappies as it will help me answer 5.2 and 5.3. Still clueless as to what to write or how?! ---

5.2 Outline different viewpoints around an issue of public concern relevant to the sector.

Aparantly this needs to link to 5.1 and the case ive written about....

5.3 Describe how issues of public concern have altered the public view of sector.

How did the case of Vanessa George affect the public? What came of this?

5.4 Describe recent changes in service delivery which have affected own area of work.

With this one, linking to the Vanessa George senario - isnt there now a rule that nappie changing areas need to be open planned? Or at least have a window to see in? I remember something like this happening in my old job around the same time as the whole case and trial...

Sorry if its so long, im just so confused and ready to give up on it all!!

Thank you for reading and for any info or input you give me

Much love x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kasiie27 is on a distinguished road

im on this unit to. my assessor told me to look up Vanessa George for 5.1