Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default Eymp5 1.1

Hi again,

Please can someone let me know how much depth they went into when answering 1.1 0 exlpain what is meant by speech, language and communication?

It says explain so I was going to go a bit further than just summarise in a few lines.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
this is what i wrote for communication and it was signed off:

1.1 Explain each of the terms:
Communication: A process by which ideas are exchanged between individuals. It is a way to make your needs and wants known (expressing needs); there is more than one way to communicate such as spoken, written, sounds, pictures, symbols or using non verbal communication such as gestures or signing.

Hope it gives you an idea of how much to write

Lynne
Unread 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM

thank you that is quite a relief as there is a big table in the tassoni book and I was about to go ploughing into that
Unread 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracygrey View Post
thank you that is quite a relief as there is a big table in the tassoni book and I was about to go ploughing into that
Hi

i looked at a book that was for communication and got some ideas, i think that you can go into too much detail and complicate things, with this i surprised myself because i usually write too much, but saying that some tutors like more detail but mine was signed off with this.

Lynne
Unread 01-10-2012, 06:39 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

im amazed that was signed off! explain is.....Explain Make clear detailed information giving reasons, and showing how or why according to cache and as an IV and Ev i would send that back.

DETAILED explanation of each of the terms. all of them i would expect to see real life examples. i hope you dont have me as an EV Lynn!
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
im amazed that was signed off! explain is.....Explain Make clear detailed information giving reasons, and showing how or why according to cache and as an IV and Ev i would send that back.

DETAILED explanation of each of the terms. all of them i would expect to see real life examples. i hope you dont have me as an EV Lynn!
Perhaps i am glad i didn't have you as an Iv, my tutor was happy with my work and he is an IV too and throughout my course i only ever had 2 questions that i needed to add more info , just remember that there is some of us on here that have completed this course workbased with no college, just hard work and finding knowledge and relevant information on our own backs and from knowledge from our day to day work and people that actually really enjoy their jobs (which i am one of those lucky people that enjoy my job and the plus side of it is that i get paid for a job that i love doing)
Lynne
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn c View Post
Perhaps i am glad i didn't have you as an Iv, my tutor was happy with my work and he is an IV too and throughout my course i only ever had 2 questions that i needed to add more info , just remember that there is some of us on here that have completed this course workbased with no college, just hard work and finding knowledge and relevant information on our own backs and from knowledge from our day to day work and people that actually really enjoy their jobs (which i am one of those lucky people that enjoy my job and the plus side of it is that i get paid for a job that i love doing)
Lynne
I remember when I started my assessor, who is also an IV, said "it's not rocket science, don't make it harder than it is. The questions are worded the way they are to justify the course fees" I took that with a big pinch of salt and am certainly not cutting any corners but makes you wonder how people can see this so differently. I too have done mine soley work based no college support at all. I think it has actually given me more of a knowledge base as opposed to someone holding my hand - damn stressful though
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracygrey View Post
I remember when I started my assessor, who is also an IV, said "it's not rocket science, don't make it harder than it is. The questions are worded the way they are to justify the course fees" I took that with a big pinch of salt and am certainly not cutting any corners but makes you wonder how people can see this so differently. I too have done mine soley work based no college support at all. I think it has actually given me more of a knowledge base as opposed to someone holding my hand - damn stressful though
Hi Gracygrey

I totally agree with your assessor, not to make it harder than it is , i have on occassions written to much and tutor has always put that my answers have been in great detail, my daughter has passed her level 5, her BA and Early years Professional Status, to be quite truthfull i could have asked her the answers to each question but wanted to do this from what i know and what i could learn to make my self a better practitioner, my daughter helped me with one question which i knew the answer to but had trouble wording it, i am very proud to say apart from the support i had from silkysteps members i completed this course on my own, due to hard work and perserverance. I can also say to a certain extent i enjoyed completing the course.

So come on all you hard workers out there, you can do this with positive comments, we all need now and again a bit of praise that will boost our confidence and not horrible negative ones that will give us low self esteem and low confidence levels, so thankyou gracygrey you have restored my confidence levels that were knocked earlier.

Lynne
Unread 01-10-2012, 11:26 PM

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

I always worried whether i was writing too little or too much... My assessor also always said that my work was very detailed.. Like you i have done this diploma completely work based, no college support at all, while working full - time and also looking after my own 2 young children... I think we should all be extremely proud of ourselves :-)
I finished today, just waiting for mine to be Iv'd now :-)
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:08 AM

Well done and congratulations and be very proud of yourself.

I have been through exactly the same thng am i writing enough or too much but like you i was always told that my work was done with great detail and with great examples from what we do in our setting