Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Popular early years themes and children's topics of interest > All about me

All about me A forum full of activities to support the theme of myself, ourselves, my life, growing up, my name, body, friends, family, likes and dislikes

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

steep is on a distinguished road
Default Half hour all about me activities?

Does anyone know if a very simple art and craft activity that can be done with the theme all about me in half an hour??

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steep View Post
Does anyone know if a very simple art and craft activity that can be done with the theme all about me in half an hour??
How about making their faces using paper plates, glue, wool for hair, either gluing features or drawing them on.

Black paper and cut up straws (of different lengths) dipped in paint and make their own skeleton and paint on head.

or use mirrors for them to observe themselves and draw/chalk/paint their face.
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

weighing, height charts, eye colour graphs, pictures of their house
Unread 02-26-2011, 09:59 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

Takes preparation but why not take full face photos of each child.... print them A5 size and laminate... cut into several pieces. ( Thats the prep) At the activity time. Put all pieces on the table or carpet and have each child complete the picture of themselves. Can encourage lots of talk about hair/skin/eye color. If you have a large group maybe have smaller groups? My group had lots of fun doing this and surprised us with their conversation... e.g " No thats not you because your face is rounder".... "Thats me because I have a feckle (freckle) on my cheek"
Unread 02-27-2011, 01:22 AM

butterflies is on a distinguished road

I like that Ray! I did a similar thing but because there wasn't many of us, we also took photo's of the toys. We used the digital cameras and the children took the photo's themselves before we put them on the PC and printed them off.

I liked mixing up the faces and having teddies ears, P's mouth, M's eyes and Piggies nose.
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:44 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

That sounds fun. We,ve planned a "Can you find it?" hunt next. We,re going to take photos of objects and furniture around the room and the garden at odd angles, and close ups and see if they can find them. We will use clip boards and a "tick" chart to encourage mark making along with it..... bit like a treasure hunt....
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:34 PM

butterflies is on a distinguished road

OOh I forget about indoor treasure hunts, i like that but for the younger ones it will be more obvious ;-) Also while the weather is still damp or cold and windy, it will give my little ones practise ready for our event coming up....

We are planning a similar event for outdoors in the spring. A Clipboard with items pictured on a sheet for the the kiddies to find... I am going to tie ribbons so they can pull them and place into their baskets, we are going to put their photo's on tree's so they can find themselves, we are going to put down teddies to find too. We were thinking of putting a little present down too with their photo's but we haven't thought ahead on this point.... it's all in planning stage.

After the hunt we are going to have a teddy bears picnic.