Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Popular early years themes and children's topics of interest > All about me

All about me A forum full of activities to support the theme of myself, ourselves, my life, growing up, my name, body, friends, family, likes and dislikes

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Book Review Bedtime routines - Stella to Earth book review

Early years book titles for Preschool and home.

Stella to Earth written by written by Simon Puttock and Illustrated by Philip Hopman

Links are in association with our amazon affiliate account

This is a really nice book that looks at bedtime, routine - expectations of tooth brushing, face washing, being tucked up tight and adventure ..

It follows Dad as the main or focus carer who is aka, also known as 'Earth and Stella who decides on a space themed story for bedtime.

Blurb:

Dad says it's time for bed but Stella has other ideas ..
She climbs into her spaceship and goes zooming through the galaxy in search of adventure.

But what is happening back on Earth?

A bedtime story that is truly out of this world.

---------------------------
If you catalogue your book titles to fit with setting statements this title will fit nicely with:

Promoting positive images, roles - evidencing groups awareness of anti styreotypical practice.
Supporting parents and bedtime routines
Health and hygiene - tooth brushing, face washing and changing clothes for bed.
Children's rights in choosing an activity, story title/theme - taking control of their own bedtime.
Numeracy - 1 to 5
CLL - Reading the story & allowing children to see and experience a bedtime routine and possibly discuss / relate events to their own.

Themes:
  • Rockets
  • Space
  • Bedtime - All about me
  • Health & hygiene - All about me
  • Promoting Children's Rights - All about me
  • Flying - space ship & bluebugs
  • Minibeast blue bugs
No own website that I could find but there is a profile page for Simon Puttock on Scottish Booktrust site and Philip Hopman's own Dutch website

Rocket and space themed book list

Outdoor Spaceship activity - Lunar landings

------------------------------
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------