Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-09-2015, 06:44 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

there is a list in your learner log of those you need to cover.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Rach1221 is on a distinguished road

Hi i am new to this post, i am really enjoying this course and really motivated on finding information and completing my assessments.
I have one question though if someone could please help
-Give a description of Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013
Unread 07-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi welcome to the site, you can find the archived 2013 working together to safeguard children on this gov.uk link.

It might be worth you contacting your course provider to see if you need to be reading through the more recent 2015 publication xx

So you can give your description read about who it's for and what it sets out.

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

amyfletcher94 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracygrey View Post
Yep Lev 3 diploma CYPW as well. Will pm you my piece as putting it up on here might make it obvious I am getting it all wrong so I would rather that was done a bit more privately :laughing:
I am really struggling to fit this course in, work 7 days a week, 2 kids under 6 and a DH who delegates the running of his 2 businesses to me - joy!

thank you again
Claire x
i know how you feel, im in the same sort of boat, i work full time with 2 children 3 and under, i struggle to find time to fit my course work in, as i also have to bring home work from work.

but i just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it when im done. xx
Unread 05-13-2016, 12:29 PM

buttercuup is on a distinguished road

How much on average do you write for 2.1??
Unread 10-28-2016, 08:34 PM

ceri12 is on a distinguished road
star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgette2000 View Post
This has been a great help! I am struggling through child development and safeguarding as my first two units on my level 3 diploma! I have asked my assessor how much I need to write and how much detail I need to have included.... she told me as long as I cover the assessment criteria and explain clearly my knowledge that fine!!? She pointed out that the level 3 diploma is around the equivalent of doing three A levels... so alongside working 60 hours a week and running a home... might be why I am struggling!! Pleased to hear someone else has written 16 pages for safeguarding... maybe I am on the right track!! :}
don't worry I'm doing a level 3 in play work and my unit 1 was 16 pages, unit 2 was 22 pages and I'm working through unit 3 and its currently 12 pages long. Like your assessor says as long as you show your understanding and knowledge and cover all the criteria then it should be fine. I did the level 5 in childcare management and they complemented how professional it was and never said anything about the length of the units. I would prefer to hand in a unit that's 22 pages long or more and know I have all the criteria in it.

Hope that gives you some comfort about the unit length.
Unread 02-02-2017, 02:49 PM

MissBee1986 is on a distinguished road

I'm stuck on 2.3. I've already handed it in but I need to say what plans encourage partnership. So far I have: partnership working in the context of safeguarding means working with all of the different organisations to help a child that is being abused or neglected. Each organisation has a different expertise or a role to play so vulnerable children will need help from the health service, school, social care and the justice system. A child who is suffering needs help from all of these services, not just yours. You all need to work in an effective partnership. Police, doctors, teachers, health visitors and social services all need to have the same information to be able to help.
How do I answer my tutors question? I think my brain is fried lol
Unread 07-13-2017, 10:40 AM

kerrim is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am doing unit 11 1.4 at the moment. My assessor instructions are " research a Serious Case review then explain when and why these are done and how practice was changed due to the findings" Not really sure how to set it out. Am I supposed to write about a particular Case Review and then breakdown what went wrong, what should've happened ?. Also what if the case I choose did not affect any policies (or should I look for a case that changed legislation). Any ideas what is a good case to review (other than the Victoria Climbie Case as I've already referenced this in previous work) Just not sure how to get started on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kerrim : 07-13-2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: .
Unread 12-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Kaylee30 is on a distinguished road
Default Section 4

Hi 👋 I’m doing level 2 cypw, currently on section 4 (unit 11) in the folder and I’m struggling with the first two questions-

1: identify a current, national piece of legislation relevant to safeguarding children and young people’s welfare.
2: identify two current local policies, procedures or guidance in relation to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it ☺️