Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-20-2008, 01:53 PM
forest

Whoop whoop - yayy Freuds theory about personality and how this is reflected in current practice

HELP

i m stuck on this
i understand the ego stuff but not how it can be implemented in current settings

303 213

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

bc of his theory we know a baby only has the id developed and so when it cries it need something, also we know that the baby is at the stage where it has no concept of time, empathy etc so its not conciderate of others and its not able to wait until certain times etc

from his theory we know that soon the ego develops which is the stage where the child becomes less ego centric and is able to show sympathy and concideration for others, and is developing understanding of situations

by 5 year old the superego is developed this is the stage where children are able to make moral judgements from previous experiance-the child may want a cake but asks for it instead of steeling it as they have been taught steeling is wrong, here they may be becoming more awear of expectations, their religion and may also be judgemental of others who arnt the same (unless taught to be accepting)

by knowing these stages, by knowing that if the id ego and superego arnt balanced that the child may grow up to have problems and by knowing how we effect the childs personality, we are able to provide care and play experiances etc that meet the childs individual needs etc we are also then able to ensure we influence the childs personality in a positive way.

heres a good site to quote from:
http://allpsych.com/psychology101/ego.html

hope this helps
Unread 10-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madlou is on a distinguished road

Oops I think I may have boobed here cos I wrote about the different stages of Freud as in Oral, Anal etc etc and said that as most of his research was completed on boys instead of boys and girls it was found to be not founded....lol
Unread 03-01-2014, 01:09 PM

shell loves cats is on a distinguished road

SomeoneSpecial -thats just helped me with my work -had no idea what to write for influence of freud on current setting :)

for my work we were told not to go too in depth with the theorist -just basic notes on that but we were expected to write quite a bit on how it influences current practice.

ive just finished the first 3 on my list given by my tutor -maslow, piaget and freud. my next 3 are bandura, skinner and watson.
Unread 10-31-2008, 10:51 AM

cabin is on a distinguished road

Just out of interest did you pick Freud for yourself or were you asked specifically to do him?
The reason I ask is because he is one of my favorites - but I feel you really do have to go into depth to appriate him fully - if you just skim the suject you do not give him justice, and I know the L3 I assess are not expected to delve that deep!!.

xxxx
Unread 10-31-2008, 12:06 PM

Madlou is on a distinguished road

Can't speak for Forest, Cabin but I was asked to look into Freud along with several other theorists for 303 K3D213 & K3D217. I was given Activity 9 by my tutor and had to investigate 8 of the theorists in depth and then make a fact sheet to summarise the main theories. and then show how one of the theories has been implemented within my working practice. It seems to me to have been a really deep piece of work and I have spent a long time investigating all of the theorists on the list before completing a piece on each of them along with the fact sheet. I'm wondering if perhaps I have looked at it too deeply, for what is required. I know that you said that you love Freud, but I have to say that whilst I find Freud really interesting, I have become a real fan of Susan Greenfield, probably because she is so easy to relate to as her theory is based on life now and focuses on the effects of our IT world.
Unread 10-31-2008, 12:57 PM

cabin is on a distinguished road

It good to hear that L3 are being set this level of work - ours are asked to do similar to you, but are not really expected to delve to deeply.. as you say make a 'factsheet' with key thoerists on. compare, then relate elements to practice. My candiates study a college so this is usually done as group classwork.

xxx