Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

trac3y24 is on a distinguished road
Default unit 022 4.1 analyse the importance of early identification of speech language and communication delays and disorders

please help me on this unit!!!!!!!!
i've wrote some of it but really struggling on the potential risks of late recognition.
could someone please help!!!!!
thanks tracey

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to silkysteps, it's important as without early intervention children are at risk of all these issues
  • Not realising or being able to fulfil what they consider their full potential, ie. early intervention helps to ensure children have the opportunities to reach their full potential.
  • Experiencing problems with learning and understanding information ie. early intervention prevents children's learning and understanding from deteriorating or becoming worse.
  • Struggling to be independent
  • Sense of isolation
  • Becoming withdrawn
  • Difficulty in or loss of interest in making and keeping friendships
  • Lack of motivation
  • Depression
  • Low self-esteem and confidence
  • Inability to express feelings appropriately
  • Possible regression of behaviour
  • Separation anxiety
  • Anti-social behaviour
There's good reading on Talking point and information about the Early Language Development Programme

Analyse by examining what the risks/key points are and what might happen if intervention did and didn't exist.

Best wishes

Level 3 handbook search on amazon
Unit 022 - CYP 3.1 - understand child and young person development
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:29 PM

trac3y24 is on a distinguished road

thank you very much that really helps!!!!
Unread 04-15-2015, 10:20 AM

Walshy57 is on a distinguished road

This has helped me as we'll thank you x
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

nataliaportou is on a distinguished road

hello does anyone know the answer to CYP Core 3.1 - 4.1: analyse the importance of early identification of speech, language and communication delays and disorders and the potential risks of late recognition? i really need help on this one
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM

MissPoodle is on a distinguished road

I'm not even sure if I have answered the question correctly and my eyes are bleeding from reading it over and over but...

my answer:

Knowing the signs of delays will allow for us to make swift assessment to discover the needs of the child to help and support them in their speech, language and communication. It is important to know and understand the features that may appear i.e. not pronouncing words properly, using singular words when at an age where they should be using more and not speaking at all and knowing what to do once it has been identified. With the support, children will flourish. If left unassisted, children are likely to become frustrated, confused or angry and show signs of unwanted behaviour. They may not be able to engage in activities that have been set out for other children and may show signs of low self-esteem.
It is the role of the practitioner to know and understand children's learning and development in order to notice any early signs and therefore be able to provide suitable activities to encourage L&D for the individual.
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM

heva89 is on a distinguished road

This is my answer, but when i gave it in, my assessor told me that I need to identify the positives.

Language is the centre of cognitive and social development. It allows you to think and process new information. It is important to indentify delays in speech, language and communication early, so that there is early intervention. During this stage children’s brains are still developing, so it is critical that we they received early intervention as it can change the impact on a child’s communication difficulty, thus in turn, can have a positive effect on the behaviours later on in life. The faster a child’s needs could be identified the greater the chance there is to make sure they don’t get left behind. Children’s speech, language and communication strengthen other areas of a child’s development. Children with poor speech may find it harder to understand the link between sounds and letter shapes, thus delaying the reading and writing skills. They may find it a lot more difficult to control their behaviour or play with other children as a result, thus developing antisocial behaviours, leaving them feeling isolated and frustrated.

I have answered the question which asks for the potentail risks. can anyone give me any positives from early identification??
Unread 04-15-2015, 02:11 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

neither answers are good enough. the question is ANALYSE no describe or explain. look at the pros and cons there are ALWAYS cons. give an opinion. these 2 answers are both level 2.
Unread 12-31-2015, 02:37 PM

lilria is on a distinguished road

anyone help me on this unit pls...Analyse the importance of early identification of speech, language and communication delays and disorders and the potential risks of late recognition
Unread 03-15-2017, 11:13 PM

enigmatic is on a distinguished road

for those stuck on the positives
obviously there could be an intervention but also then that intervention could make suggestions for an ILP individual learning plan also when identified SLCN makes a child potentially eligble for funding
identification can also mean the child will be assesed differently to set more suitable targets (p scales)
easier transition periods