Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Shortehh is on a distinguished road
General question Safeguarding and Children's Rights

Hi there folks,

I hope you don't mind me messaging on here but I am doing a report on Safeguarding and Children's Rights, I am quite happy with how far I've got so far but I have come to a sudden stop..

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any good site to help me find more information the Baby Peter's case and Lauren Wright and help me by saying what legislation came out after their deaths and also Victoria Climbie's death.

Thanks in advance

xo

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site. Serious case reviews are usually available on the local authority's safeguarding children board's website

Norfolk Lauren Wright 1997 - 2000 - about the case NAHT.org.uk

Victoria Climbie's death happened in 2000 in Haringey and resulted in an inqury being made by Lord Laming - on gov.uk

The SCR of the death of Baby P in 2007 also in Harrigey was carried out by their local safeguarding children's board

You'll need to talk to your tutor about the legislation that you need to research, in very brief summary;

Every child matters 2003

Children's act 2004

Childcare act 2006 - established OFSTED, the regulation of childcare, EYFS and requirement to implement the welfare section of the framework

Local safeguard children's boards came into effect - about on safenetwork.org.uk

Children's commisioners England's, Wale's were established to protect the rights of children

Working together to safeguard children 2006 & 2010 published & now 2013

What to do if you're worried a child's being abused 2006 guidance published

Multi-agency & integrated working, Team Around the Child, CAF common assessment framework - decommissioned Children's Workforce Development Council

Whistleblowing policy - public concern at work

Eileen Munro report published 2011

Safer recruitment now keeping children safe in education 2014

CRB checks now DBS disclosure and barring service

ContactPoint register established and decommissioned - story on the guardian.co.uk

Children and Families act 2014 - about on cafamily.org.uk

CAFCASS

Special education needs and now SEND 2014 - the SEN process on cafamily.org.uk

CEOP's think you know esafety for practitioners working with children and young people offers resources to support EY's safeguarding

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-26-2014, 10:17 PM

Shortehh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help :-) My tutor said briefly mention what legislations came out if any and how safeguarding failed them x
Unread 02-17-2021, 02:48 PM

tamanaariq is on a distinguished road

• The Framework for Assessment of Children in Need and their Families
Can someone please help me with this question I dont know what to do?