Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

S.Dunn is on a distinguished road
Help SOS CACHE Level 3 CYPW Help!!

Hi All,

My CYPW handbook doesn't contain much info (just a general summary) on the following:

1. Barriers to communication and ways to reduce those barriers for: cultural differences, literacy level, ICT literacy, sight impairment, hearing impairment, speech impairment and jargon/misunderstanding.
2. Name at least three personal factors affect development and three external factors affect development?
3. Explain how the following theorists have influenced your practice: John Waton, Maslow, Jean Piaget, Albert Bandura, John Bowlby and B.F.Skinner.

Hereunder is my info so far on the above.
1. For the barriers for cultural differences I wrote: some parents/children may have english as an additional language, they may be confused by certain gestures. What can I put for the others as it is making me confused?
2. I know illness is one for personal. However, I can't think of any other apart from Learning difficulties e.g. dyslexia. With regard to the external factors, I know poverty is one. Is abuse also considered an external factor?
3. The only theorist who has influenced my practice is John Bowlby because of his attachment theory. I know about all the other theorists but can't think of how they have influenced my current practice.

Thanking you all in anticipation

-----------------------------------------