Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

FrancesLou is on a distinguished road
Default How many observations is normal by assessor?

Hello

I haven't posted on here before so really sorry if its in the wrong place or I'm asking something that's been asked a million times. I have done a search and not come up with anything. I love this site and find it really helpful so here goes...

I am doing NVQ Level 3 and I am just wondering how many observations is normal? So far I have had two in 9 months for about an hour each. One on a numeracy activity and one on setting up for and providing snack. I will have a third next week on another activity linked to one of my key childrens next steps however I have been doing the course for 9 months now and this does not seem very many?

My assessor is also asking for criteria that is meant to be assessed and not simulated to be written too rather than observed and I am wondering if this is also right?

I don't want to be lazy but would like to cover as much in obs as possible as I work full time with two small children and spend a lot of time on my other paperwork for my key children each week, so I feel like I am chained to my desk at the mo.

My assessor tells me I write a lot and tend to go more in depth than I need to and so maybe I'm overthinking it. She has now told me to answer each L/O completely separately as if its a question as she says its easier for her to mark, but I have read that this is wrong too?

Any advice would be really appreciated and thank you for taking time to read this

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-08-2015, 03:27 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i presume you are doing it with a private training provider which means money is the key. they are lazy and looking for the cheap options. speak to their manager and demand some good quality indepth observations BUT you get what you pay for I'm afraid
Unread 03-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

FrancesLou is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for your reply, it's through a large college so I think when I see my assessor next week I will ask again why there are so little observations and hope she can do some more. Many thanks again.