Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

womble is on a distinguished road
Default EHCP and intervention help please

Can someone please explain to me (preferably in simple terms as I can no longer understand words of more than one syllable ) what a Education, Health and Care plan covers. I get that it includes medical conditions but does it also cover behavioural needs that are emotional rather than medical. I have to describe assessments and intervention frameworks for disabled and SEN children and I'm sure that means EHCP's and IEP's however if I've completly lost it and am on the wrong track a nudge in the right directon will be gratefully recieved.
Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, an EHC plan will cover

The views, interests and aspirations of the child and their parents, or of the young person
The child or young person’s special educational needs
The child or young person’s health care needs which relate to their SEN
The child or young person’s social care needs which relate to their SEN or to a disability
The outcomes sought for the child or young person (including outcomes for life)
The special educational provision required by the child or young person
Any health provision reasonably required by the learning difficulties or disabilities which result in the child/ YP having SEN
Any social care provision which must be made for a child/ YP under 18 resulting from s.2 Chronically Sick & Disabled persons Act 1970 (CSDPA)
Any other social care provision reasonably required by the learning difficulties or disabilities which result in the child/young person having SEN
Placement
Personal Budget (including arrangements for direct payments)
Advice & information

From the EHC plan outcomes from IPSEA.org.uk

Chapter 9 of SEND 2014

page 20 of the early years guide

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

womble is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much, that's brilliant. I really appreciate you taking the time to help