Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jellybrain is on a distinguished road
Default Assignment 031 task b - is this enough?

The importance of designing a service that responds to the needs of the children and young people.

Why is it important that children and young people participate in the decisions that affect their lives?

Really struggling with this one - this is what I have put so far can anyone point out anything else I need to add please I'm never sure that I've put enough down

The importance of designing a service to meet the needs of children and young people is to maximise their life chances by reaching their full potential. Each child and young person is an individual and requires different support to help them achieve the 5 positive outcomes of ECM - Being Healthy, Staying Safe, Enjoying and Achieving, Making a Positive Contribution and Achieving Economic wellbeing.

There are a wide range of servies available to children and young people including - children's centres, education services, health services, social services and youth servies.

By working together they identify the needs of each individual and organise and plan with care the strategies for furhter development.

Listening to and taking into account the childs, yp and parents views and preferences of what and how they are to achieve their goals. By giving the child and yp the chance to participate in decision making increases their confidence and ability to develop their self asteem, social skills and communication. It enables a child or yp to establish their likes and dislikes. This is carried through to adulthood where life choices are made eg. to go to further education, to get married, to have children or what career to have. These are decisions that can affect the rest of their lives. We need to understand that children and young people have a 'voice' and should be respected and listened to through their mens of communcication it is their right by law (UNCRC)

By supporting this we need servies that can be accessed easily and to be flexible and effective in children and yp being able to reach these types of decision making.

The Common Assessment Framework (CAF) is a way of assessing a child or yp additional needs. This enables practioners to deliver and assess at an earlier stage and work with other practioners, services and parents/carers.

Hope this reads ok - any help would be great

xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Nironic is on a distinguished road

I would write a little more on the CAF part, maybe give examples of you doing that in your setting? Then this could get ticked off as a reflective account towards the end of your course. :)
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM

jellybrain is on a distinguished road

Hi

Now that you've pointed that out it does seem rather short!
Thankyou for the tip

Anytime you need help just ask

x
Unread 07-27-2012, 11:31 PM

Nironic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybrain View Post
Hi

Now that you've pointed that out it does seem rather short!
Thankyou for the tip

Anytime you need help just ask

x
Your very much welcome! I have completed my course now, but if you need any help just message me! :) xx