Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, is it possible you have the time to approach this like a project?

Once you've examined your setting as a whole and what its layout looks like can you see how creativity happens in it. Eg. where do children invent, design, create, build, cook, make music, dress up, play imaginatively, put together in their own way, plan independantly in their play/what to do next, notice where adult intervention influences play, if this is beneficial or interupts children's focus, where group play happens, solitary play happens and how those places support creativity - through social interactions, space to face, talk, be alongside, communicate, and through resources eg. 'loose parts

Maybe you can look at these areas separately and identify one or more that you'd like to implement or see changes made to it - sand, water, dough, paint, role play, music, food, construction, art, physical play, movement, dance and how books children look and feel their way through support and promote creativity.

Why do you feel that area needs to be changed?

How 'enabling' would you consider the area to be and how 'enabling' do the children think it is ie. can they do what they want, bring things to it and take things away, when want, how they want? - is it overused ie. really popular, busy and crowded or underused, children show little interest in what's currently offered.

What resources are in that area and how are new ones introduced.
Do well used items remain constantly available or are they on a rotation system.

Can children request, see or retrieve items independantly.

Maybe see how the environment supports creative fine motor activities and creative gross and loco motor activities.

This thread may help further
http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16055

Hth, best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

STu is on a distinguished road

Hi can anyone help me with 4.3 on this unit managed everything else but struggling here. The question is: Develop a programme of change to the environment to enhance creativity and creative learning giving justification and expected outcomes for each area of change.
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STu View Post
Hi can anyone help me with 4.3 on this unit managed everything else but struggling here. The question is: Develop a programme of change to the environment to enhance creativity and creative learning giving justification and expected outcomes for each area of change.
Hi, if you haven't been given any guidance for this take a look at page 23 of this creativity chapter.

Page 415 of the Heinemann handbook explains this assessment criteria by ..
Quote:

For this assessment critrion, you will need to show that the reflection you have done, about how you might improve the environment to enhance creativity and creative learning has enabled you to create a plan of action. As with other plans you will need to show that it is realistic and give reasons for the plan, together with expected outcomes for each area of change or development.
Suggested plan of action: Creating a programme of change to support creativity and creative learning

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lawrence is on a distinguished road
Default CYPOP 4.1 and 4.2

Hi anyone i am really stuck on CYPOP7 4.1 and 4.2

The module requires

4.1. Evaluate and reflect on own practice in promoting creativity and creative thinking.
4.2. Support others to develop their practice in promoting creativity and creative learning

Any guidance as to where the best resource would be please
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Hi this might help,

CYPOP 7 outcome 4
4.1 & 4.2 http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15894 and page 21 on of the Hodder unit - CYPOP 7 supporting creative learning and creativity

The Heinemann handbook covers this unit from page 402 - on amazon.co.uk

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:26 PM

Lawrence is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much indeed
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:10 PM

tiddles37 is on a distinguished road

Hi,sorry to sound daft,i am really confused as i know units cypop 7 & 30 are very similar i am doing optional unit cypop 30
Q -1.1 - Explain evidence,approaches and theories about the benefits of creativity for the well being of children and young people?
could somebody point me in the right direction please.
Is the answer the same.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddles37 View Post
Hi,sorry to sound daft,i am really confused as i know units cypop 7 & 30 are very similar i am doing optional unit cypop 30
Q -1.1 - Explain evidence,approaches and theories about the benefits of creativity for the well being of children and young people?
could somebody point me in the right direction please.
Is the answer the same.
Hi, yes they are very similar units. If you read the sample pages you'll find the information needed xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM

tiddles37 is on a distinguished road

Thank you
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:31 PM

DAMSON DAWN is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 1.3 Explain The Difference Between Formal And Informal Creative Actoivity

That was helpful to clarify some of the previous threads , but this particular item "Explain the difference between formal and informal creative activity" seemed simple but is proving difficult to put into words, so far got for 'formal creative activities' stuff like structured adult led sessions where the children follow expected outcomes, and 'informal activities' covers creativity activities like hands on activities the individual is involved in themselves in whatever their activity is , think the answer needs to be expanded .............but lost for inspiration please any clues will be greatly appreciated at this time from anyone that has a real clue about what I need for this answer