Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lulu1973 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children

Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements.

I just seem to be going round in circles with this question. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, this is the last question i need to answer to complete this unit.
Many thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

goingmad is on a distinguished road

Is this to do with children managing their own risk, for example using gym equipment safely or tools in class. They need to make their own risk assessments but under the careful watch of adults. Just a thought but maybe someone else may have some ideas x
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lulu1973 is on a distinguished road
This is what i have wrote so far, not sure if im on the right track or not ?? or if there is anything else i need to put, any help please???

All children have clear rights to learn and develop into adults, and be protected from harm, as identified by the UN Convention on the rights of the child.
Through exploring new experiences and making choices, children learn and develop the skills necessary to support them into their adult life’s, however children do not always have the skills and judgments, that allows them to make safe choices and decisions. Therefore it is the responsibility of parents and carers to identify potential dangers, and make the decision on when it is appropriate to allow the child to undertake an activity or make a choice. Within my work role I have the responsibility of encouraging children to make choices to explore and progress their learning and developing skills, while ensuring that the activities and situations support the individual needs and abilities of the children, in a safe and well controlled environment, so that all children are protected from harm.
This will mean that there are times when I need to intervene on a choice or decision a child makes, as the risk of harm outweighs what they have chosen to do. In these situations, it is essential that we explain why we have prevented them from carrying out their chosen action, and encourage them to think of the risks they may of faced, or others around them may have faced. This supports children’s understanding and awareness of their own safety and that of others, while encouraging them become aware of risks and consequences.
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Tinkerbelly is on a distinguished road

Hi I struggled on this question to. I found the level 3 workforce book (penny tassoni) very helpful as it gave me a lot of information on this. That's all i did but put it in my own words its been checked my assessor and she has passed it. Good luck any other help you need I will try to you :)