Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Racheleuro is on a distinguished road
Default How carers can be engaged in the strategic planning of services

please help

I am looking at how carers can be engaged in the strategic planning of services, this is about understanding the needs of children and carers experiencing poverty and disadvantage.

Would I be right along the lines, that carers could contact their local councillor about their experiences and needs, or for more on changing central government polices such as poverty, they could contact their local member of parliament and put forward their arguments and requests.

carers could get involved by being on the school parent committee or board of governors to influence change.

I am running out of ideas , i am not sure which direction to take, once again any help welcome. pretty please!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheleuro View Post
please help

I am looking at how carers can be engaged in the strategic planning of services, this is about understanding the needs of children and carers experiencing poverty and disadvantage.

Would I be right along the lines, that carers could contact their local councillor about their experiences and needs, or for more on changing central government polices such as poverty, they could contact their local member of parliament and put forward their arguments and requests.

carers could get involved by being on the school parent committee or board of governors to influence change.

I am running out of ideas , i am not sure which direction to take, once again any help welcome. pretty please!!!

When you say 'carers' are you also including practitioners in early years settings?

If so, early years meet at cluster meetings, forums, county committee meetings, attend conferences and courses, they may belong to a body such as the Pre-school learning Alliance.

Settings may subsrcibe to a magazines such as Nursery World who seem to be in the fore front of impact on the sector.

Settings are also visited by other professionals, i.e. Health visitors, Area Senco, Early Years Advisor etc who as well as giving practical help - all this is fed back to 'the powers that be' to help the sector to evolve and provide what we need for the children we care for.

I hope this helps. ps I forgot to mention county and government surveys about services etc - I presume this is a voice from us too!
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Racheleuro is on a distinguished road

Hi Thank you , but from what I believe it is how carers,(parents) be inlvolved in the strategic planning of services that affects them.... Still needing help..

I believe this because the previous question said how can practitioners support carers who are experiencing poverty and disadvantaged....

if anyone else can throw some light I would be extremely grateful..