Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

fudge007 is on a distinguished road
Default 301.4.3

Hi i need some help please...i have to write about....responding to adults request for information accuratley within agreed boundaries of confidentilaity....i know that you can not give out anyones info to other parents, so do i cover all aspects of this..i.e social services, health visitors etc....pleaseeee heellpppp

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM

WittyGem is on a distinguished road

I covered this during direct observation. When after activity when we returned to the class the group shared what they had learnt from the activity and I spoke to the teacher and praised the childrens behaviour. The teacher praised the children too
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

You must always get permission from the parents to share information with other professionals. Most settings have this written permission from the parents to share information with other professionals (as my setting has), even though that is in place. parents are always asked and informed if and when we need to share information in the interest of the child.
That information shared is always accurate (and recorded) and never what we may or may not think - no good to anyone, especially the child.

This does not include sharing information with other parents. On an odd ocassion when a parent has asked to be put in touch with another parent, I contact the parent they are seeking out and ask them to contact the other parent or pass on a note. It maybe that they would like a child and parent to visit etc, but confidentiality is never broken.

With any confidentiality, if you are not sure - don't do it, check it out to see what you are allowed to do and the reason why.

If you are speaking to a parent about their child - keep it to that - their own child. If they mention that such and such is doing this or that, is my child? Remember confidentiality and speak with a parent only about their child - and tell them why. They will understand that you wouldn't speak of their child to others.
Unread 03-05-2011, 10:56 PM

fudge007 is on a distinguished road

Heidi....you are a lifesaver....thanx.....