Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 01-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

j.trina10 is on a distinguished road
Default Diploma.

Hi. I was wondering if any 1 can help me. After starting and completing quite a lot of NVQ 3 work, i have just been told that my employer failed to send of my funding, so am now unable to complete.. I have now been given the option to do the Diploma and was wondering if any1 on here is doing it, if so what is it like? Is it the same kind of work as the NVQ? Some1 told me it was a lot harder. Would be grateful for any reply.
Thanks in advance Trina

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-25-2011, 11:57 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

its a much better but a lot lot harder can you not offer to pay yourself or approach a local charity? they will need to pay for the diploma why not the nvq
Unread 01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sammy78 is on a distinguished road

I started the NVQ level 3 did two months worth then to be told it had been changed to the Diploma so had no choice but to change, its alot harder and more in depth but there is a book out called Children's and young people's workforce by Penni Tassoni which will help you alot but the main problem is this course is so new there really isnt alot of books or internet help at the moment. Dont be put off look in to it first im doing mine work based so no college and see tutor once a month so im very alone do have support of others i work with tho. Good Luck if you decide to go ahead XXXX
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:31 PM

sammy there are 1000s of books! there is only one text book because a textbook isnt a book its just a guide to the course you should be reading far far more than this, if my learner use quotes from the textbook i dont even mark it ! they should be reading that! its the user manual. Your training provider should give you a reading list for every unit.
Unread 01-27-2011, 10:13 PM

Tutu, im only going on what ive been told which was to see if there was a book to go alongside this course which there is only one haven't been told to read anything else certainly haven't been given a list of books to read and ive worked as a nursery assistant for 8 years so i have the basics, we were also told to quote as much as we can from the book and use as many examples as we can from our own knowledge but if you don't read you won't learn. I have to say I have learnt alot from the one reading book that there is. I would be very interested if you could list some books that you think I should be reading you can never read too much. Thanks for responding. sammy:reading:
Unread 01-27-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy78 View Post
Tutu, im only going on what ive been told which was to see if there was a book to go alongside this course which there is only one haven't been told to read anything else certainly haven't been given a list of books to read and ive worked as a nursery assistant for 8 years so i have the basics, we were also told to quote as much as we can from the book and use as many examples as we can from our own knowledge but if you don't read you won't learn. I have to say I have learnt alot from the one reading book that there is. I would be very interested if you could list some books that you think I should be reading you can never read too much. Thanks for responding. sammy:reading:
i think what she should do is ask the training company who have been paid a huge amount of money to come up with some information for you! but my learners are given these for their first term and they are not only expected to read them but use them in their assignments. this course is much higher than basics and all mine have level 2s as they want to do the FD at some point and learning to write and reference is vital to get into HE.
these are the basics but ask your provider. no classes no info they're getting easy money!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understandin...6164948&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Positive-Rel...6164948&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Early-Years-...165067&sr=8-29

as well as the good child hood enquiry http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Childho...6165180&sr=1-1

and the eyfs of course.
Unread 01-31-2011, 10:28 AM

Blackcurrant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.trina10 View Post
Hi. I was wondering if any 1 can help me. After starting and completing quite a lot of NVQ 3 work, i have just been told that my employer failed to send of my funding, so am now unable to complete.. I have now been given the option to do the Diploma and was wondering if any1 on here is doing it, if so what is it like? Is it the same kind of work as the NVQ? Some1 told me it was a lot harder. Would be grateful for any reply.
Thanks in advance Trina
Hi, I am just coming to the end of doing the Diploma on a Distance Learning course and yes it is based on the NVQ but you have to go into alot more detail and is harder than the NVQ but I think thats a good thing as it makes you think outside the box. I worked in a school as a TA before doing this course and now work in a pre-school and have found both the settings really useful for the course.
I have paid for this myself, but dont understand why you cant be funded for the NVQ thats madness. If you do have to fund yourself then look at distance learning as I paid for mine in installments which has helped.

Sammy - with regard to books there are plenty of books out there to read, but just reading them and quoting them in your course work is not going to give you the knowledge that you need alone. I would be losts without the books that I have used including the Penny Tassoni, and Miriam Walker CCLD books but you need to have a clear understanding of what you have learnt and show that in your answers.

:soapbox:
Unread 02-02-2011, 12:28 PM

j.trina10 is on a distinguished road

Hi. Thanks for all replies. I have now been signed on for the Diploma. Sammy, i am the same as you, only get to see my tutor once a month and have no book and waiting for my tutor to send me info on what one to get!. So here goes! It does seem a lot harder but i am sure it will be worth it in the end! xx
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.trina10 View Post
Hi. Thanks for all replies. I have now been signed on for the Diploma. Sammy, i am the same as you, only get to see my tutor once a month and have no book and waiting for my tutor to send me info on what one to get!. So here goes! It does seem a lot harder but i am sure it will be worth it in the end! xx

Hi j.trina10, How are you finding the course now ? Have you done your first month.

Sammy78 xx