Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-12-2007, 04:05 PM
brainache

Default NVQ3 Help: Safeguards that need to be in place

Hi there
I am studying for NVQ3 and am stuck on CCLD303 K3D204
Safeguards that need to be in place when assessing children and the need for objectivity
I am stuck on the safeguards bit, i can only think that you must gain written permission - can anyone help me with this?????

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Full understanding of the developmental norms and where the child is at in regards to them

No preconceptions about the child from other settings that might sway your judgement

What one person sees as a positive, another might see as a negative so training is essential for the practitioner eg a child who carts around a basket of food all day is a. not joining in other activities fully b. following a schema

Full understanding of the child (without prejudging obviously!) so you can assess without expecting too little or too much esp important for SEN (or gifted & talented)

All I can think of! Hope it helps! Sarahx
Unread 07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Thanks for that Sarah xx

I've been hunting for most of the afternoon for a decent help & advice guide for NVQ3 .. not much success unfortunately as always if anyone knows of a link or a good title to buy please let me know.

Welcome to Silkysteps brainache let us know what else you cover in this unit
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-12-2007, 07:02 PM
brainache

Wow thank you so much, the book i have got is not much help for this section. I spent a lot of time looking for some online guidance for NVQ3 but there doesn't seem much out there (there was a bit on the surestart forum) thats how i came across this website. I must say it is lovely, full of great ideas and very welcoming.
Thanks again