Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

WittyGem is on a distinguished road
Default CCLD 308 - K307 and K309, K316, K317 and K318

Just need to cover these and thats 308 signed off

K3D307 Factors that affect reshlience in children
K3D309 The link between childrens ability to relate to others and their emotional well-being and resilience

K3D316 The importance of not judging children, why comments should be directed at behaviour rather than the individual and the link between this and childrens resilience and positive self esteem

K3D317 How you demonstrate empathy and understanding to children, including the language, expressions you might use

K3D318 How you recognise and manage your own negative feelings eg lack of confidence and feeling of inadequacy

Any pointers or help would be gratefully received.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-08-2011, 07:24 PM

basia is on a distinguished road

k3d307
- pressure to do well academically
- drugs, alcohol and smoking
- family breakdown
- formation of new family units
- growing up in a deprived area
- media pressure
- self-esteem

k3d309
As children develop they begin to interact with others. How children relate to other people depends on their emotional well-being and resilience. It is essential that early years workers help children to feel positive about themselves. High self-esteem helps children overcome set backs and cope with difficult situations such as disappointment and hurt feelings and sets the way a child will act and respond to others. Children who can relate well to other children will emotionally feel better and will be more confident in group situations. They will be able to work out differences more easily. Children who feel good about themselves relate to others in a more positive way. If a child is happy, has high self-esteem this makes the process of relating to others easier. Low self-esteem may mean that a children will start compare themselves with other children in the group and this can affect their emotional well-being if they think that they aren’t doing so well. Children’s communication will depend a lot on their confidence. There are things that can inhibit this, such as personality, especially with shy children, children’s life experience and whether they have opportunities to socialize with others. In order to build their confidence these children will need a lot of positive feedback, praise and encouragement.

k3d316
Judging a child always affects their resilience and self-esteem. Judging the child negatively, using comments such as ‘well that’s all I would expect from you’ would make them less resilient and damage their self-esteem making them unlikely to want to join in for fear of such comments. It would make them feel different from their peers and unvalued.
Judging a child as clever or bright would have the same effect. If you put too much pressure on the child to achieve, making them feel different from their peers causes lack of resilience and damages self-esteem
If you target the child rather than behaviour the child only learns that he/she is bad and this will lower their self-esteem. If you tell the child that the thing he/she did was wrong and explain why, the child learn right from wrong and develop understanding. Commenting on behaviour helps confidence, commenting on the child lowers self-esteem. When you show disapproval for the behaviour not the child you show children that they are still accepted, liked and valued.

k3d317
- provide eye contact and smile
- make comments that sum up what the child might have been feeling e.g. ‘That must have been fun for you’
- be a good listener
- provide individual time with the child

k3d318
- I try to acknowledge my negative feelings rather than act upon them
- if I have a bad day I let manager/other staff know so I might be better to do for example some observations, non-contact time
- I reflect on my practice and see how I cope with my feelings and see if I can do things differently so that in the future I could improve my practice and in turn avoid feeling inadequate
- I talk to colleagues about my practice and find out their views on the way I work
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:43 AM

WittyGem is on a distinguished road

Basia - your a real star! Thank you. I now know how to word the answers and relate them to my practice and setting! Thank you again
Unread 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

foncused.com is on a distinguished road

than you, you helped me too :)
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

DustyFairy is on a distinguished road

Thanks Basia, trying to get my last unit finished and was really stuck for words on K3D309.
Brilliant help
x
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

setdse is on a distinguished road

Thanks. This has helped me do m 318 me to finish my thechnical certificate x