Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

natalie85 is on a distinguished road
Eymp 3

Please could someone give me some advice on these two questions on EYMP3.

5.1 Prepare a week’s menu showing balanced meals, snacks and drinks for children in their early years, following current government guidance on nutritional needs( regarding this question, we only provide the children in our setting with snacks and drinks, so do i still need to do a weeks meal menu) if so could anyone give me any advice on this one.

5.2 Give an explanation of how you recognise and why it is important to follow the carer’s instructions in respect of their child’s food allergies or intolerances

does anyone think these two questions very simmilar?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

no
Unread 08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Natalie
have a look at the eat well plate for menu ideas, i did breakfast, lunch, evening meal, snacks and drinks for each day, and regarding 5.2 you need to know the importance of knowing about a childs food allergies so you dont give them something which could cause them harm so finding out as much as possible from parents but most parents do make you aware of the situation anyway hope this helps just yell if you get stuck x

Unread 08-26-2011, 12:15 PM

Thankyou Wendy i have our schools weekly menu. so think im just going to make slight adjustments to suit our pre-school children.

For drinks i have put down water, milk and smoothies. is there anything else you think i could add x

Unread 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road

I didnt make a weeks menu as such. I researched all the current goverment guidence and included some of the posters and research I found then to back it up i included examples of balanced meals for children of different ages.
Change 4 life is a good place to start for information.
For the second question what they are basically say is if a parent say they child cant have nuts or meat why do u have to listen to them and not go over their heads. For example it could be the families religion, culture, personal choices or food allergies that the child may have.
Hope this helps, Charlie
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie85 View Post
Wendy, i have our schools weekly menu. so think im just going to make slight adjustments to suit our pre-school children.

For drinks i have put down water, milk and smoothies. is there anything else you think i could add x
hi Natalie,
they are the ones i used in my menu dont forget when writing snacks down to put a drink with it x
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:09 PM

Thankyou Wendy. your a star xx
Unread 05-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sofia#1 is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy

this is what i wrote:
5.2 recognise why it is important to follow carer’s instructions in respect of child’s food allergies and intolerances.

If child is found to be allergic to something:
• If at nursery a child is found to be allergic to something and the reaction gets worse you may call the ambulance but speak to the parents first.
• If after eating something at nursery the child has a allergy reaction you may call the parents (if it is not that worse)
If you suspect a child is allergic to something:
• Tell the parents
• You may advise them to give the child an allergy test at the hospital.
If a child is allergic to something:
• Make sure the child is aware they are allergic to something and they know the consequences of eating it.
• make sure you keep out of their daily meal at nursery
• If they are allergic to a certain type of fabric try to make sure they do not go near it

hope this helps