Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

rossie is on a distinguished road
Default Idea for an Activity at NVQ Level 3

Hi

I have an assessment next week and one of the things I have to do is an activity on Healthy Body and healthy development - has anyone got any ideas as to what I can do, am really stuck! Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossie View Post
Hi

I have an assessment next week and one of the things I have to do is an activity on Healthy Body and healthy development - has anyone got any ideas as to what I can do, am really stuck! Thanks
There's lots of avenues you can go down for this.

You could have lots of different foods for the children to look at and talk about - healthy food, different foods groups - including fat and sugar such as cakes, biscuits and sweets and talk of a balanced diet. You can tie this in with looking at large scale body posters or books such as 'All about me' (if you have something like this).

You could talk of how they need exercise and then do some i.e. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes etc

Teeth - look at and talk of looking after teeth - what food does to them etc

You could talk about looking after their body generally - hair, bathing, how we keep our body in the best of health - wrapping up in winter, dressing down in summer so our bodies don't get too hot, prevention of germs etc

You can read stories such as Funny Bones and talk of healthy bones, skeletons/hospitals/x-rays etc. If you have a lightbox and have x-rays to look at.
You can incorporate any of your ideas into drawing/art & crafts etc.

If your setting hasn't too many resources - make your own. If you could get a book of funny bones, you could always do skeleton pictures with different length straws dipped into white paper and pressed onto black paper or buy some healthy fruit and vegetables for them to look at, touch and paint.

I'm certain others will write up other ideas.

I hope your assessment goes well.