Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

natasha is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Explain the importance of anti-discriminatory/ anti bias practice - EYMP 4, 3.2 and 3.3

Going round in circles atm have tried to look through forum but cant find anything....

Please please help as i am and

3.2) Explain the importance of anti-discriminatory/ anti bias practice, giving examples of how it is applied in practice with children and carers.

3.3) Explain how the active participation of children in decisions affecting their lives promote the achievement of positive outcome.

PLEASE help as I am about to give up and just quit so fed up

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ash-a- is on a distinguished road

3.2) Explain the importance of anti-discriminatory/ anti bias practice, giving examples of how it is applied in practice with children and carers.

PLEASEEE HELP ME I AM GOING OUT OF ME MIND HERE AND I AHEV LOOKED EVERY WHERE POSSIBLE AM FED UP
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

natasha is on a distinguished road

To have an anti-discriminatory and anti-biased practice it is all about ensuring you refrain from judging or making assumptions as this helps to promote and protect children’s welfare as well as set a good example as a role model. If you create a setting in which has an anti-discriminatory practice then it is easily seen to be working with the parents to build up relationships as well as in the child’s best interests. Overall the setting should (and will by having this practice):
• Be diverse and non-bias in which will teach the children to be open and not judge people due to differences in which teaches them how to accept people.
• Create a positive and welcoming group times and setting to play in; this will boost their self esteem and confidence as well as ensure that all are included in play. This will affect a child’s personal, social and emotional development as well as their knowledge and understanding of the world as it will teach them to embrace cultures
• It will also show that the setting values the individual child’s and their family’s cultures and beliefs.

this is some of what I put to get you going my question has been signed off lol on my final two units stuck on one so moved to the last and will go back to the other then I am finished yipeeee
Unread 08-06-2013, 01:31 PM

mel3556 is on a distinguished road

I have put:

Anti Bias and anti discriminatory practice is important as each and every child is given their right to learning and development opportunities that will assist them achieve the 5 outcomes of the ECM. I've put about discrimination, inclusion, diversity.
But now I'm a complete blank...
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel3556 View Post
I have put:

Anti Bias and anti discriminatory practice is important as each and every child is given their right to learning and development opportunities that will assist them achieve the 5 outcomes of the ECM. I've put about discrimination, inclusion, diversity.
But now I'm a complete blank...
Hi,

Have you included examples of what you do in practice to ensure there is no anti discriminatory or anti bias? Also how it would affect children and their outcomes if there was discriminatory practice?

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM

TRUDDLES is on a distinguished road

Hi, I hope this can help I wrote the definitions then looked at how within the unit we encourage ALL the people to be involved in activities, I mentioned how e expect certain terms and respect to be used and how we integrate ourselves in the wider community
Unread 02-23-2014, 03:49 PM

jayjay76 is on a distinguished road

thank you so much just scrolled through this site looking for this question :)