Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default cypop 15 communication

Hi Everyone
i am on this question

1.2 Compare the differences between strategies based on children and young people’s strengths and abilities and those based around children’s difficulties.

i have been looking at another thread and have come across this i am intreged and can't find a website to back it up does anyone know more about this or a website that i can visit i have never heard of it. (trying to gain more knowledge about it)

Blast is a strategy developed to work on the child’s difficulties this is aimed to promote listening, sound and speech sound awareness in order to rapidly develop speech and language skills blast in done over a 6 week period using the same children leading to repetition doing the same songs and stories over the 6 weeks. Doing this allows confidence to build as the child get to know the activities. Were as a strategy built for a child on strengths and abilities can change it can be stories 1 activity and arts and craft the next activity. Both types of activities work on repetition and expansion.

Hi Tina if your out there i think it was you that gave the information so would be interested in hearing of you. I have googled it but couldn't get anything up on it.

Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-19-2011, 01:36 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

Will pm later when have laptop as work is no that
Unread 08-19-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajpatterson View Post
Will pm later when have laptop as work is no that
Hi Tina thanks and congratulations on your new job

Lynne
Unread 08-19-2011, 01:56 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn c View Post
Hi Tina thanks and congratulations on your new job

Lynne
hi Lynne
i too could not find any website regarding blast x
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:47 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Have a look at these 'Building Language and Speech Together' (Blast) sites below and see if they help.

http://www.blastprogramme.co.uk/all-about-blast/

http://launch.tusd.org/Programs/BLAS...4/Default.aspx

http://www.excelspeech.com/blast-off.htm
Unread 08-19-2011, 03:39 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

pm you some work this was the 1st unit i did posted a little more but then it links in
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:35 PM

Hi Tina

the blast programme sounds really interesting, have you tried it in your setting

Lynne
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM

Hi Wendy

have had a quick look at the websites Heidi has put up and the blast programme looks very interesting. Its amazing how you learn new things from other people

Lynne
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:10 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Lynne,
just had a look at Blast and its very similar to some of the strategies used by the speech therapist who comes to my setting very interesting, always good to learn new things x
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM

Hi Wendy
that is sometimes more important than some of the other work that we have had to do. I do research alot and like to find out new things, that will be one of the reason why i will still be on silkysteps when i have finished.
I know alot of communication difficulties can be made easier by repeating things, when you work with children you find this out example you can read a book once and there is no communication, when the book has been read three or four times the children start to remember the story and interact with words and what is going to happen next and get excited when certain things in the story happen, and to think that this starts from the age of two (it still amazes me at times).
I have worked with speech and language therapists but probably on a smaller scale maybe seeing them once or twice a month, i love woking with children with additional needs, i find it challenging and you get a lot of love given back

Lynne