Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default eymp 2 (3.1)

Hi everyone
just want to see if i'm on the right track with this question.

3.1 Explain how practitioners promote children’s learning within the relevant early years framework.

I have started with child initiated and adult led activities and this is what i have wrote so far.

Practitioners promote children’s learning within the guidance of the EYFS by offering a balanced of child initiated and adult led play based activities, practitioners will use their own guidance on the age and stage of the child using their knowledge that they have on the children that they care for and decide on the correct balance, however we should realise the amount of time that is already taken up with adult led activities such as registration, lining up, snack time, circle time.

We should ensure that the same balance should be applied outdoors as well as indoors. Child initiated means a child that engages on a self chosen activity and is allowed to play freely. The adult led activity is usually a group of children that participate with adult support, the activity is chosen by the adult. The adult would have picked the time and the aspect of a particular topic. This could be sewing as a child originally needs help to achieve this and gradually the adult’s involvement will decrease in time.

EYFS practice guidance page 7 (1.19, 1.20)

Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-26-2011, 09:16 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

Organisation and management making sure that we provide opportunities to extend play for children, key worker system is in place for legal and responsibility of learning and development of each child, thinking about to the children use the space indoors/outdoors, observation and planning system which meets individual needs and interests. We have a very good balance of adult and child led play we try for a 50% we follow children’s interests by observations and asking the children what they would like in the planning and what activities they would like to do that day. Sensitive intervention is trying to intervene without disrupting or changing the focus on the play. Watching to see if the child wants you to participate or not, so enhancing play but not taking ownership of the play away from the child. Supporting and facilitating when you have a positive relationship with the children they will seek your help doing something like building dens they might need materials and resources or helping them reach their aim. Modelling when children watch an adult they might try to model that action by repeating actions, words or skills. Coaching children do and learn more when given encouragement and support of an adult by making a child feel confident they might try to do or develop something a little further this is linked to the Vygotsky theory of proximal development getting children to do something just outside their comfort range.

this is something i think might cover it
Unread 07-26-2011, 10:13 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi Tina

Thankyou i find it really hard to shorten my words.

Brilliant nearly finished eymp2 one question left.

You are a real star
Lynne
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

TOSADE78 is on a distinguished road

EYMP2: 1.3. How the documented outcomes are assessed and recorded.
please i need help with this question if anyone can help
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mjw76 is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm doing this but in a table form, I'm stuck on the last question - How providing a balance between child initiated and adult initiated play and activity promotes learning and examples from practice.

Thanks xx
Unread 01-01-2014, 04:57 PM

kelsey bassnett is on a distinguished road

Hello can anyone help me on 065 question 2. How can you engage with a child to encourage shared thinking? Why could this be important. Am really stuck
Unread 05-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sofia#1 is on a distinguished road

this is what i wrote:
3.1 Explain how practitioners promote children’s learning within the relevant early years framework
• Effective organization and management
• Sensitive intervention
• Following child’s interests and stage of development
• Supporting and facilitating
• Modelling
• Coaching
• Providing balance of child initiated and adult initiated play and activity
Link language with physical movement in actions songs and rhymes also use practical experiences such as role play, cookery and gardening. Children can express themselves nonverbally; encourage children to express themselves and their ideas through a range of body movements, dance and songs. Develop children’s phonological awareness, particularly through rhyme and alliteration of the alphabetical code.
Unread 06-05-2015, 11:21 AM

Jessijones is on a distinguished road

Can any one please help me on this questions can not find the answer in the book and ive been stuck on it for ages

Describe ways to celebrate children's learning within foundation phase environment?
Unread 06-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site. These are few ideas about how a setting could celebrate learning in its environment. You'll need to consider how they or similar happen in your Welsh setting.

The floor plan of the whole setting - how does the way it's laid out reflect the feelings about children learning and the requirements of the foundation phase's areas of learning.

What observations and assessments are made to ensure children enjoy and progress in learning. How are children asked about their interests and what they would like to do?

What information is displayed in the setting and shared with parents so that everyone has the opportunity to know the benefits of children learning.

There is quite extensive reading in the handbooks for EYMP 2. They do feature England's EYFS framework rather than the Foundation Phase so read alongside your framework and see how the information links together.

Search for participation in planning page 223+ in the preview on amazon.co.uk

Hth, best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-05-2015, 12:13 PM

Jessijones is on a distinguished road

thank you for your help im new to my course and im stuck on a few questions, if you could help another one is

identify barriers to play and active learning