Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tich is on a distinguished road
Unit 302 outcome 2.2 Schools as organisations and the roles of those involved with schools?

Unit 302 outcome 2.1 School as organisation

Could someone help me as i am struggling on this. outcome 2.1 explain the strategic purpose of school governors, senior management team, other statutory roles, teachers, and support staff. Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Purple-2706 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tich View Post
Unit 302 outcome 2.1 School as organisation

Could someone help me as i am struggling on this. outcome 2.1 explain the strategic purpose of school governors, senior management team, other statutory roles, teachers, and support staff. Thank you
Hi,

I have written for this:

Governors

The governing body is responsible for the conduct of its schools and must promote high standards of educational achievement at the school. It is the schools accountable body and as such

• Provides a strategic view of the school by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school within an agreed policy framework. It appoints and performance manages the head teacher, agreeing the school improvement strategy which includes setting statutory targets with supporting budgets and staffing structures.
• Monitors and evaluates the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the head teacher, the effectiveness of the school improvement strategy.
• Signs off the self evaluation process and responds to school improvement service and Ofsted reports as necessary. In addition it holds the head teacher to account for the performance of the school and ensures that parents are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate, with information to the community being made available as required.

In order to do this, governors need to gain knowledge of how their school operates through training, by attending meetings and by getting to know their school community, for example through a small number of visits to the school during the school day.

Governors need to work together as a team, under the leadership of the chair of the governing body. Most governing bodies require their governors to sign a code of practice.

Senior management team

The senior management team is usually made up of the head teacher and deputy head. However depending on the school size the team could be bigger and more varied. Often you will find assistant head teachers or senior teachers with particular responsibilities – like leading one of the key stages or something like assessments across the school. The special needs co-ordinator (SENCO) might be a member.

Their role is to set the strategic direction of the school and then manage this, lead any changes and generally make sure that the school is doing the best it can for the children who attend.

They must be aware of the current state of the school, be imaginative in launching new and relevant initiatives in a way that can get the whole school behind the idea, be diligent in keeping track of these initiatives and their progress.

Other statutory roles e.g SENCO

The SENCO takes day to day responsibility for the operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination if the provision made for individual children with special educational needs, working closely with staff, parents/carers and other agencies.

Key responsibilities for the SENCO include:

• Overseeing the day to day operation of the school SEN policy
• Co-ordinating the provision for children with special education needs
• Liaising with and advising fellow teachers
• Managing learning support assistants
• Overseeing the records of all children with special educational needs
• Contributing to the in service training for staff
• Liaising with external agencies including LEA’s, support and educational psychology services, health and social services and voluntary bodies.

Teachers

Teachers prepare lessons and try to make them as interesting as possible. They prepare homework assignments and assessments. They ensure that the information they pass on is current and correct to the best of their knowledge. They deliver assessments to enable themselves to help each individual student to develop his/her knowledge. They do not judge any of their students. They feedback to parents/carers on the students progress.

Support staff roles

This refers to employees allocated to work in schools to assist administrators, teachers and school councillors to address special educational needs within the school.

They work under the supervision of school principles and the direction of certified teachers. They must be versatile, well trained and multi skilled in order to fulfil the requirements of their respective roles.

Support staff could include LSAs, educational psychologists and healthcare professionals.

I have had this marked and given back so should be all you need

Hope it helps
Laura
Unread 10-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

harmanic is on a distinguished road

Hi I was looking for some guidence for my assignment and I came across your post this has helped a lot
Unread 08-26-2015, 05:19 PM

nanof3 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I just found your post, although sometime ago now, but it has helped me with my assignment. Thank you so much :O)
Unread 03-21-2016, 11:20 AM

Zerocool is on a distinguished road
Default Plagerism

I am currently studying the same Lv3 Diploma qualification and have come across the previous posts in this thread.

Be REALLY careful guys when submitting work (especially information) as the above work although correct is heavily plagerised with no citings of source anywhere in what has been written.

I have almost (only 2 units left) completed this course and appreciate how difficult it is to

a) not repeat yourself across questions in the same unit but also across units

b) not repeat the question as your 1st sentence to every answer

c) don't google the question as once you have read someone else's answer, it is very hard to get that answer out of your head.

d) don't buy the accompanying guide to this course as after reading it you will find yourself copying that as well. All the units are set out as......question is the unit title, main body is the answer in prose.

Thanks for your time guys and I hope this was helpful

XxX