Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road
Default cyp 3.7 - unit driving me crazy please help

hi there answered all the questions but am struggling with the last one which is
compare, giving examples, ways in which services for children yp and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to propmote positive outcomes?
i have read it over and over but the wording dont seem right any help would be great thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MrsD is on a distinguished road

Hi Wendy bob

I answered this question using my Equal opportunities policy and ways in which my setting promotes diversity,equality and inclusion e.g adapting activities to meet every individuals needs, adapt ways of communicating with children/ young people and their parents/ carers, have books and displays showing different cultures, religions, countries, people and abilities, etc

Hope this helps a bit x

--------------------
CYP 3.7 http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14701
Level 3 handbook
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:02 PM

hi MrsD
thanks you very much thats what i was thinking and are you doing the cypw level 3 diploma ? x
Unread 04-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MrsD is on a distinguished road

Yes I am. I started in September and am nearly finished, thank god! How about you, when are you due to finish?
Unread 04-11-2011, 05:18 PM

started in january and hoping to finish for september its all i seem to do is college work good luck with yours x
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Wombat is on a distinguished road
Default 4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi MrsD
thanks you very much thats what i was thinking and are you doing the cypw level 3 diploma ? x
Hi Wendy bob.
I am also stuck on this question, my tutor said I need to compare and give examples ways in which services for c and yp take account and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes, Have you had this one signed off. Its the only one Im stuck on
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Hi Wendy bob.
I am also stuck on this question, my tutor said I need to compare and give examples ways in which services for c and yp take account and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes, Have you had this one signed off. Its the only one Im stuck on
hi wombat,

examples of how services for children and young people and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes.

My setting
By treating all families equally this as a positive impact on the child because they can see that their family is being respected and will raise the child’s self esteem. In my setting we promote different cultures and religions every year we celebrate the Chinese New Year and children are taught about some of their traditions and we make dragons and red envelopes with money in and this year in PE we even used materials for the children to dress at dragons and do a dance. We celebrate DIWALI and make lamps and we also did Indian dance in PE. My setting provides excellent equipment and resources to enable children to be included and the correct training of staff. We have wall displays about others counties and provide many books on other cultures and religions in the library we display work the children have done for parents to see. We adapt activities to meet the needs of the child and also adapt ways of communicating including visual aids, body language, and speaking slower and face-to-face.

Speech therapists promote this by providing different types of communicating methods. With the child and the parents.

Behavioural support will come into school and give information and advice on the best ways to tackle bad behaviour and they will also work with the parents/carers.

Education support services will monitor attendance and provide a link between school, parent/carers and pupils where necessary and they will develop a supportive relationship between them. They will give advice on issues such as bullying and also they will take legal action against parents/carers if their child is not accessing an education.

All these services aim to promote positive outcomes for all children and parents/carers.

hope this helps and ive now completed my course so yell if you need any help x
Unread 09-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Wombat is on a distinguished road

Hi Wendy Bob.
Your setting sounds fantastic, do you work in a school?
I am currently working as the acting Manager for our afterschool care. The last Manager didnt promote any diversity so I am working to change all of that and promote an inclusive setting. I to want to celebrate festivals with children in a fun way. Well done on completing L3. It is a lot of work. Istarted in May sohave a way to go yet.

Thanks for you help.
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:22 PM

Teddy-steps is on a distinguished road

This has helped me a lot on the last few pieces of work i have left of my unit 030 :-) massive help! Thank you :) xxxx