Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 11-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah8lou is on a distinguished road
Help SOS SCH 34 - 2.1 and 2.2 Duty of Care, Conflicts and Dilemmas etc

Hi Guys, in this unit I have done 1.1, 1.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2 but am a little stuck on

2.1- DESCRIBE POTENTIAL CONFLICTS OR DILEMMAS THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN DUTY OF CARE AND AN INDIVIDUALS RIGHTS.

2.2- DESCRIBE HOW TO MANAGE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH CONFLICTS OR DILEMMAS BETWEEN AN INDIVIDUALS RIGHTS AND THE DUTY OF CARE.

They kind of sound the same to me, but I know the college want four examples for each. So 2.1 something like Religion, child telling you something and not to tell anyone else, duty of care etc.
2.2 four examples including some risks, so like taking a child with servere ADHD to a farm etc.

I DON'T GET IT ! i READ AND RE-READ IT and it sounds more and more the same. Did anyone else give examples?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-11-2012, 01:52 PM

10 views and no suggestions, eek. I would give you if I could

I think I have done 2.1, I have wrote about a case of suspected abuse, sharing information, and a male practitioner. I think I have done enough detail so I;m going to leave it as that, I can't think of a forth example

2.2 - I am just staring at . Four types of risk. I know its about the kids exploring and taking risks so they learn, but I can't think of examples!!!! I think it's Sunday Morning Mental Block

Any ideas on risks associated with conflicts or dilemmas and individuals rights to duty of care??????

Unread 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

why is a male practitioner a dilemma or a conflict?????

how about something much more simple! a child wants to jump off the bookcase, he has the right to play and take risks but you have the duty to protect him how do you handle it?

what about a mum who says her sone cant play outside he has the right to what do you do?
etcetc
Unread 11-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Thank you for replying. It's one the college suggested. A male practitioner may cause a conflict/dilemma for a parent with the setting, if they have had previuos bad experiences with men, or been abused by a man etc, they may not want their child to be looked after by a man, they may not have had a positive male role model in their own childhood etc. Some people think it's a bit odd that a man wants to work with children, that the man may have other reasons to work in childcare etc!

Thanks for the other suggestions, I will get my thinking cap on!
Unread 11-11-2012, 03:02 PM

The setting has to explain to the parent etc how important it is for children to have positive male role models, and that the new practitioner has had all the same checks done on him as any other new member of staff would etc.

We had to do types of dilemma like that, and now I have to do risk type ones, as you said jumping off things etc.

Thank you
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Whoop whoop - yayy

Well I think I have done it :jump:

I have done all of unit 34 now, yay. A week early, yay, only cos I got my first observation Friday and I'm bricking it

I think I'm getting prepared for it, so that's not too bad.

Thanks for reading my post. Sure I will be back for more advice
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Ackiejac is on a distinguished road

Hi I keep reading this one shc34 2.1 task sheet 84 DIfficult decisions can any one give me some examples please