Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

LaurenBridge is on a distinguished road
Need an activity. Stuck!!

For my observation i need to plan an activity that will promote lots of communication between me and the children. The children i work with are between 1 year - 18 months old.

Really stuck

Thanks for anyones help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, children's verbal communication is largely in development at this stage so a focus on body language may help you feel as though the 'lots' element is fulfilled.

Round and round the garden with lots of facial expression as the rhyme's repeated, finger tracing, eye contact and play with teddy bears if available.

Copy games with clapping and directional words - up, down, left, right, roll, crawl, sit, stand, stop, go - great if you've a carpeted area to provide a boundary for play, introduce a ball to pass between the children and yourself.

Float ducks in bowl on the floor/tray/sink with waterproofed laminated children's names/faces, plastic fruits and large nets to scoop them all up. Have buckets to contain the items, supporting potential schema and enabling the children to see what they have and how they can replace them back to the water.

Play chase me catch me calmly with sit n rides - use facial expression to guide play & speed and bollard resources for in and out manouvering.

Shape sorters are fun where you can name the bricks, their colours and balance each of them on a knee, a head, back of hand ..

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

LittleJems is on a distinguished road

For my observation I had some children's cds on which we sang too, i also had musical instruments and ribbons and cloths and spoke to them about the instruments played peek a boo with the cloths and ribbons etc. my children were 2yr 16mth and 11mths at the time.