Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

poochypops is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 053/054 Argghhhh!!

Just a quick question as i'm a tad confused

Assessment criteria 2.1
Explain how legislation & codes of practice relating to equality,diversity & discrimination apply to own work role!

I understand the question but am struggling to put into words!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochypops View Post
Just a quick question as i'm a tad confused

Assessment criteria 2.1
Explain how legislation & codes of practice relating to equality,diversity & discrimination apply to own work role!

I understand the question but am struggling to put into words!
You need to read your setting's policies and procedures - but above all how would you treat anyone?

With respect and curtesy I hope. You should treat everyone - children and their families equally.

You respect that people are different and should be treated as individuals.

If you have a parent that does not speak 'your' language - do you ignore them by not speaking them to them and not giving them a newsletter?

Do you just give them a cursory nod as they bring their child in and that's about all your communication is?

Or do you treat/greet them with respect, good body language, try and learn a few words/phrases - get help from your advisory teacher/county/head teacher etc who can provide a translator in if needs be - who will also help with the newsletter and anything important they may need to know.

I've given you an example of a parent with language/communication - but you can adapt this to a child, or to someone from a different culture/special needs etc.

That's how you'd treat people - how would you implement how you go about celebrating diversity, cultural and religion differences in your work role?

Perhaps you have many resources such as costumes for the children, books, puzzles, puppets, music, dancing; include different food from around the world in your snacks and celebrate festivals in many different ways?

I hope this gets you started and you can think of lots of other examples.
Unread 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

poochypops is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much,was up until 3am this morning doing one assignment it took me 5 half hrs,shattered today but have still got 2 assignments to do & 4 case studies ugh,so must plod on,don't want to take it all on hols with me next week!!