Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirsty is on a distinguished road
Help SOS CYPW Level 3 CYP 3.6

Any help appreciated. I only have 4 units left to do & I seem to have hit a wall!!!! Have lost all enthusiasm & commitment.

Have to redo this question:
1.2 Analyse how integrated working practices and multi agency working in partnership deliver better outcomes for children & young people.

Dont seem to be able to start it again.
Have been doing so well (only started 5 months ago) & I dont want to loose heart now.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsty View Post
Any help appreciated. I only have 4 units left to do & I seem to have hit a wall!!!! Have lost all enthusiasm & commitment.

Have to redo this question:
1.2 Analyse how integrated working practices and multi agency working in partnership deliver better outcomes for children & young people.
It's simply asking how integrated working practices (combined/coming together - so you are all working by the same agreed system/methods i.e. no jargon from individual teams etc, mutual respect and listening of others - no hierachy) and multi-agency working delivers better (working collectively)
Anyone working together be that a team of two or larger will know that different opinion/ideas and is known to be benefical -whether competing in a quiz or professionally. If a child has speech problems - it may be more than just mechanical, it may be that a child is developmentally behind, so for the child a speech and language therapist (SALT) may be insufficient, it could be their environment - what is their home life like? are their needs being met? are they hearing social speech in the home? do they have a dummy permanently in their mouth? Do they attend a pre-school? (perhaps/hopefully) it was the pre-school that picked up the child needed help or perhaps the mother spoke to them or a health visitor or doctor if hearing/glue ear is suspected. To help a child such as this the pre-school may have sign posted the parent to the health visitor, who may then see the child in the home/setting or both (depending on what she observes) who then recommends a SALT, who then feels another professional is needed for development progress i.e. area senco/senco, education pyschologist etc
A meeting may be called where some or all (including the parents ) to see how best a child can be helped. targets are written up, agreed timetables on how long a child will be monitored/assessed and when professionals next meet up to see if all is going to plan or whether different/more/ less help is needed.

Working together everyone knows what is going on, what is or isn't working and what needs to be done next. I have been to meetings such as these and sometimes they work/go very smoothly with the child progressing, sometimes things don't 'move' at all and the multi-agency group have to see why, sometimes then, different methods are used, sometimes different professionals are called in, sometimes a CAF is called for.

This is just a generalisation, but hopefully you can see how coming together and sharing information can help a child. Parents are always included, but sometimes they aren't aware/perhaps don't want to share every piece of information and this can hamper professionals who are trying to help their child.

Dont seem to be able to start it again.
Have been doing so well (only started 5 months ago) & I dont want to loose heart now.
I hope this helps
Unread 05-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirsty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
I hope this helps
Sorry for the late reply. Many thanks for your help. I left this question & have just come back to it. You have set me on the right track!
Thanks again

Kirsty
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sazzles is on a distinguished road

Heidi, thanks so much for your qustion. I was sat staring at this question for so long and it was so frustrating but your info really helped me on where to start and it flowed from there. So thanks so much!!
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Princess-786 is on a distinguished road

hi,
analyse how integrated working practices and multi-agency working in partnership deliver better outcomes for children and young people???
for this question i can't find any information..
can anybody give me good suggestion to start me off please......??
thanks