Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rhi is on a distinguished road
General question Tech Cert

Hi there, I am new to the site and just wanted to ask some fellow students opinions. I am doing my NVQ level 3 CCLD but am also doing the technical certificate. I seem to be struggling on all the tasks that relate to this certificate. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same and is it worth doing, im not even sure what i need it for and am thinking i may have given myself extra work for nothing. I am also doing this course through my workplace so all work is done at home and i struggle a lot sometimes to get motivated and worry the work im doing is not up to scratch. I would greatly appreciate your views and opinions. Thanks, Rhi

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Karen C is on a distinguished road

Hi! Rhi,

Im doing my nvq with tech cert too and YES it is alot of work, but remember your tech cert cross references into your Unit UPKS, so that covers a huge chunk of your actual NVQ. Ive finished my tech cert and wow it took ages because I was working 56 hours a week between two jobs and just didnt have the time or was soo tired to do any. Im now on my UPKS and reflective accounts.

Motivation is def a hard one, it seems like your going round in circles or you think your getting far and then you have another whole load of work to do. I also tend to write loads which is a down fall on myself, but the questions are worded so your not sure the best way to cover a question. So rest assured you are not the only one, if you need any help with tech cert just shout. I recommened getting both the childrens care, learning and development by Nelson Thornes and childrens care, learning and development by Heineman. This is because one covers certain units better than the other and its good to have both to make sure your fully covering the questions.

Hope this helps luv :)
Unread 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rhi is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply. My assessor has told me that a lot of the tech cert covers the NVQ so that is why im perservering and trying to complete those tasks. I have both the books you mentioned and they are very helpful, i just sometimes read my work and think does it make any sense or cover what i am supposed to cover. I understand what you mean about writing too much and i feel i am repeating myself a lot.
Glad i found this site as i hope i can get further help and advice.
Thanks again and good luck with your course, Rhi
Unread 12-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Karen C is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean about wondering if you have covered what you are supposed to or enough, the questions are worded in such a way your not sure how you should cover them. If it said give and example or list ect it would be so much easier.

Good luck with your course too luv
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

rhianfa is on a distinguished road

I have just finished the tech cert & we started cross referencing before christmas. Our assessor has cross referenced all but 2 of the knowledge in unit 302 and all but 6 in 306

Lots of other things cross referenced to the knowledge of the compulsory units only really looked at cross ref for optionals 306/307/308 as a group. Also Cross ref a lot of criteria for 306 too

looking at the criteria of the optional units I have chosen more will be cross refed when we get back
Unread 02-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sandra roberts is on a distinguished road

I am also doing the Technical Certicate with the Nvq level 3. Up to now I have just ahout managed to cope with the units but the assignment 008 promoting child and young persons development has really thrown me. I work as a teaching assistant with 9 to 11 years olds and find it hard to find the time to do the course.