Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road
Default Critically analyse

The question is

Critically analyse how creativity and creative learning can support young children’s emotional, social, intellectual, communication and physical development.

What is throwing me off is the critically analyse part, to me critically analyse means to give a detailed assessment giving the pros and cons of the concept.

Not really sure how to go about doing this as i see creativity and creative learning as a positive part of learning.

Would the development of a child be the pro and the con be adult intervention that may hinder their development if the adult takes over the learning process of dealing with problem solving, or not providing sufficient resources to promote creativitity ????????

Really struggling to get my head round this and any help or advice would be appreciated
Shellyjoe

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi shellyjoe,
hopefully this might help get you started on the negatives:

Creativity and creative learning is dependent on the child’s approach. Whilst many children, especially in early years find it easy to express themselves in creative terms, as children become older they can become more self conscious and develop inhibitions which prevent them from successfully accessing creative learning. Observations and connections have been made between the success of creative learning and a child’s wiliness to access it. Some practitioners have noted that low to middle ability learners enjoy creative learning whilst high ability learners may be reluctant to, or struggle to take part. If there is reluctance on the child’s part development of SPICE could be inhibited rather than promoted as the child becomes more withdrawn and reluctant.
There are also cultural and gender limits to creative learning and creativity. Some parents, especially from African and Middle Eastern cultures, have set views on gender roles and believe boys should be encouraged academically rather than creatively. This can inhibit children’s development in terms of SPICE if they find their school life in conflict with their home life. Practitioners have noted that boys from these backgrounds do struggle to participate in some aspects of creativity and creative learning and that when they do they exhibit very competitive behaviour. They struggle to work socially – tending to be more dominate and less willing to work cooperatively in a group. They can be much more physical in their approach – grabbing things, holding on to them, being slightly rougher or more aggressive in their approach to equipment. Intellectually they can exhibit more mature approaches, quickly progressing from exploration to investigation, for example, discovering how shapes go together to create something. Emotionally they can be quite immature in terms of creativity – being reluctant to share, take part, co-operate. They can be prone to sulking if they don’t get their own way, are made to share or encouraged to be part of the group rather than dominating it.
It is therefore important that we encourage their parents to give them time to explore all aspects of the curriculum and demonstrate how creativity and creative learning in Early years can benefit them more when they enter KS1.
best wishes
mrs noah
Unread 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM

THank you so much mrs noah
, can I ask you which books or websites you used to research creativity and creative learning, although there is some info in the penny tassoni book I would like to read more on the subject.
Unread 04-25-2012, 05:59 PM

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

I didn't use any particular websites - just good old google and lots of question rephrasing!!
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, if it helps this thread has information & links that you might find useful
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Thank u both. Have found some goid info from Google
& you have both helped me immensely
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

duckegg is on a distinguished road

Hi just wondering how you got on with yours and if its been marked yet, i done mine but got it back as i didnt analyse it, can i ask you what you put and i might be able to understand what i have to add to mine.
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Minty-Chops is on a distinguished road

I think I shall be linking these in with this answer:
Encourages independence
Skills to materials at hand
Increase to become more deeply involved in tasks
Think outside the box
Encourages imagination
Increases self confidence
Can tie into other areas of learning
(Dancing - physical, shapes ~ mathematics, etc)
Form identity, sense of self
Individuality
Encourages hobbies
Become a team player, adapt a role
Social belonging
Express themselves freely

Maria Montessori had some good theories which are good to look into and explain my thinkig more.
Hope this helps.