Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

discod is on a distinguished road
Default Eymp1 2.2

Monitor how children use the prepared area/s and evaluate how effective it has been in encouraging high expectations of their achievement.

.encouraging high expectations of their achievement?
ive put.....

Do not put the child under pressure so they are achieving what you want them to it maybe too early for some childrens developmental rate, let them work at their own pace so they will achieve what they are able when they are able.
For an example give a child a book to look at, sit with them and read the words with them. Let them say the word first and if they don’t know it discuss it,let them say it, talk about it and then move onto the next. Then maybe a few days later sit with the same book and again encourage them to say the words, if they get stuck on the same words again then remind them how we discussed it before, could they remember and give them a gentle reminder.

am I on the right track or am I going off in the wrong direction please

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jaackystaar is on a distinguished road

i think you need to link it to your monitored area and evaluate how effective the creative areas has been in encouraging high expectations of the childrens achievement
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM

example please???
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:16 PM

I havent finished it off yet as Im still working on it.....lets say you monitored the homecorner or any other creative area....what you need to do now is to think about how effective has it been e.g were the children able to make their own decision etc
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaackystaar View Post
I havent finished it off yet as Im still working on it.....lets say you monitored the homecorner or any other creative area....what you need to do now is to think about how effective has it been e.g were the children able to make their own decision etc
ok thanks
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM

no problem
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by discod View Post
Monitor how children use the prepared area/s and evaluate how effective it has been in encouraging high expectations of their achievement.

ive put.....

Do not put the child under pressure so they are achieving what you want them to it maybe too early for some childrens developmental rate, let them work at their own pace so they will achieve what they are able when they are able.
For an example give a child a book to look at, sit with them and read the words with them. Let them say the word first and if they don’t know it discuss it,let them say it, talk about it and then move onto the next. Then maybe a few days later sit with the same book and again encourage them to say the words, if they get stuck on the same words again then remind them how we discussed it before, could they remember and give them a gentle reminder.

Hi

i linked 2.1 and 2.2 together, I Prepared a creative area, the children made tiaras and pirate hats, I explaining how the area supports and extends children’s learning and development. I then monitored the area and explained what i could due to improve this activity.

Hope it gives you an idea, if you need more guidance then ask and i will help more

Lynne
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discod View Post

ive put.....

Here is an example of what i wrote on this:

Evaluation of activity afterwards.
Extending the children’s learning and development.
The activity worked really well keeping children occupied and concentration levels were of a high standard. Next time I would encourage the children to cut out their own hats, this will give them more confidence in future cutting experiences.
I have learnt that children when they are completing a self chosen activity they concentrate for a longer period of time and are more motivated and they spend a longer time with their chosen activity.
The children gained confidence by exploring and making choices to support their learning. They talked to other children and the adult on a one to one basis. They used their hats and incorporated in into our theme pirates and princesses. They used their hand eye co-ordination and used a variety of resources.
Evaluation of activity: We could have supplied scissors for them to cut and more squeezy bottles of white glue but saying that the children interacted and shared the glue accordingly.
This activity was easily accessible for the younger and older children and a child with physical needs. I thought That the children would have verbally interacted more, but I think they were so engrossed in the activity that they felt that they didn’t need to communicate unless they need guidance or was excited about their hats.

Encouraging high expectations of their achievement.

We decided this week to take part in a themed interest week the children have been talking about pirates and princesses, so we decided we would have a fun week with the children but we also placed high expectations for the children. We have several different challenging activities for the children to take part in. We have incorporated designing a pirate boat with the help of the children. We are changing the layout of the climbing frame hoping that the children will come up with the idea of changing it to a pirate boat, this will help motivate the children and require them to think of ideas on how we can do this. Some children might not have the knowledge to help with this but they will be challenged by the learning experience via role play as a pirate or princess, they will still be achieving but within their age/stage of development and will gain from the experience and knowledge of others. We will not put pressure on the children to achieve this but will encourage their skills especially their thinking and communication skills. We know the children within our setting and will act appropriately by helping and supporting the children that will need this.

Lynne
Unread 04-21-2012, 01:45 PM

this is what i wrote but not sure if i should add something:
The tools and materials in the help yourself unit have supported every child individual that was engaged in activitie sfrom the unit.

The expectations and achievements have been reached without putting pressure on the children.All children that were involved worked at their own speed.The children were able to work together and respecting each others work.The children also explored the materials and tools and figured out by themselves what they could do with them.One child manipulated a tool into a music instrument.
Unread 04-21-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaackystaar View Post
this is what i wrote but not sure if i should add something:
The tools and materials in the help yourself unit have supported every child individual that was engaged in activitie sfrom the unit.

The expectations and achievements have been reached without putting pressure on the children.All children that were involved worked at their own speed.The children were able to work together and respecting each others work.The children also explored the materials and tools and figured out by themselves what they could do with them.One child manipulated a tool into a music instrument.
Hi
That is all i wrote on mine and had it passed. With 2.1 i added links into the EYFS:
FOR 2.1 this is what i wrote (not sure if it will come out on here correctly because i did it in a grid form):

2.1. Prepare an area/s within the work setting, explaining how the area supports and extends children’s learning and development.

Activity Plan
Date: 19/07/2011 Activity: Tiara And Pirate hats.
Specific resources:
Two tables put together with a table mat, already cut out foam templates of hats/tiaras of various colours.
Creative trolley stocked with glue sticks, white glue, selotape, pens, ink stamper’s, various stickers, cut up coloured paper bits, small pom poms, and any general items that are in the trolley.

Key learning intentions:
This activity is linked to all outcomes within the EYFS and the main intention is for the children to take part in an activity of interest and have fun.
Links to foundation stage curriculum
Area of learning Aspects of learning Curriculum guidance page
Personal, social and emotional development Showing increasing independence in selecting and carrying out activities Page 27 (dispositions and attitudes.
Communication, language and literacy Listen to others in one-to-one or small groups when conversation interests them. Page 45 (language for communication).
Creative development Engage in activities requiring hand-eye co-ordination. Page 104 (using equipment and materials).
Physical development Enjoy imaginative and role-play with peers. Page 90 (communities).
P,S,R,N development Are beginning to understand the words enough. Page 73 (shape, space and measures).
Knowledge and understanding of the world. Construct with a purpose in mind, using a variety of resources. Page 82 (designing and making).
Ideas for organising the activity:
A small group of children approx 4-6 children so that the children can talk and build relationships with each other.
Adult supervision required, to develop language skills.

Lynne