Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jenmaz2468 is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp 3.7 (4.2)

Compare, giving examples, ways in which services for children, young people and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes?

For this question I have copied and pasted a copy of my 'Equal Opportunities Policy' (I am a childminder so it is not too in depth) and compared with our local school policy (read online). and then just write the following......

Above is a copy of my equal opportunities policy. In addition to having this policy in place I display various posters promoting differences in children in my playroom (i.e. diverse range of people/disabilities etc) and we have regular chats, read books and watch television programmes about other cultures as well celebrating other religious festivals.
When compared to our local school policy we are all working towards the same aims, which is in line with the EYFS standards. Obviously a nursery/school will have more staff than my setting so would appoint a designated member of staff to deal with different issues, and be able to translate documents etc into other languages if applicable. These policies would also be much more in depth covering issues like accessibility, role of the governors/head-teacher/staff etc.

Any other input would be appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, if your policy mentions challenging discrimination, prejudice and steryotyping it sounds good xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jenmaz2468 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Ruthieryme - you and this website have been a godsend while doing this course :-)