Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

li55ie is on a distinguished road
Cyp3.3-1.3

Hi can anyone help, completely stuck on how to write answer for this one - analyse how national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding affect day-to-day work with children.
any help will be much appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

spelky~brooks is on a distinguished road

1.3 Analyse how national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding affect day to day work with children and young people

As well as every school having a safeguarding policy of their own, every Borough should also have their own policies and procedures for safeguarding children. I am aware that London Borough of Redbridge has its own local safeguarding policy (LSCB). This board is a legal body that was established by Redbridge council as a children’s services authority under the children act 2004.
The LSCB is responsible for ensuring that all agencies and departments that work with children and young people in the Borough , work in unity to support the welfare and safety of children in that area.. To ensure that work is carried out in an effective manner the LSCB coordinate the work of local agencies to provide a more optimistic outcome in regards to children’s safeguarding. Redbridge works in line with the Every Child Matters programme which states that each child has a right to;
Be healthy
Stay safe
Enjoy and achieve
Make a positive contribution
Achieve economic well being

Raise awareness of safeguarding issues in the community by conducting seminars with a designated safeguarding officer in all Redbridge schools.
Monitor the success of the work that is done by the local agencies to guarantee that all practitioners and managers within a specific borough have a clear understanding of safeguarding procedures, policies and requirements.
To identify multi agency success where there are concerns with regards to safeguarding issues.
To assist with the recognition of training needs and requirements across the children’s workforce.

 Within childcare practice we must be aware that we have a clear and defined role in relation to child protection. Professionals working with children/young people i.e. teaching assistants, volunteers, outside agencies are CRB checked (criminal records bureau). Adults working with children should also be fully trained in safeguarding children by a nominated safeguarding adviser and have the opportunity to receive training in order to develop their understanding of the signs and indicators of abuse or neglect, this training is offered every 3 years. In order for child protection to work effectively we must ensure we have good inter relationships with other agencies and good cooperation from professionals that are competent in responding to child protection situations.
 A procedure for recording concerns and incidents if a child discloses information that concerns his/her welfare; we must make a record of exactly what the child has said in their words and report it to a safeguarding officer, ensuring that these records are kept confidentially and separated from pupils records.
 Guidance on confidentiality and sharing; the head teacher or safeguarding officer will only disclose personal information concerning a child to other members of staff on a need to know basis, however all staff must be aware that they have a responsibility to share information with other agencies. If a child or young person does disclose information to a member of staff and ask that that information remains ‘a secret’, it is vital that the member of staff tells the child/young person sensitively that they have a duty to transfer information to the appropriate agencies in order for other children to be safeguarded.

Children and young people attend school expecting to be nurtured and taught by people who are both paid and unpaid, these adults will provide children and young adults with opportunities to learn and gain knowledge of a range of subjects. All adults have a special responsibility to the children we work with; a code of conduct provides us with a clear guideline on the types of practice that will meet these responsibilities. Good conduct not only prevents incidents and allegations that we find ourselves being an element of, but will also help to highlight any conduct (by other people) that is unsafe and unprofessional.

Hope this gives you a little guidance...
Unread 03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Smee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by li55ie View Post
Hi can anyone help, completely stuck on how to write answer for this one - analyse how national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding affect day-to-day work with children.
any help will be much appreciated
Hi, I answered this question as a chart and put AC 1.1 and 1.3 together. Firstly I named all of the legislations/guidelines/policies in one column, ie The Children Act, The UN Convention for the Rights of Children, The Education Act etc then gave a description of their main points in another column. Finally I made a 3rd column in which I described how each one affects my day to day work.

Hope this helps

Smee
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

li55ie is on a distinguished road

Thank you both for your help
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

domelli is on a distinguished road
Default unit 333/025 safeguarding 1.1,3 3.2

Hi,

It seems that my questions on this unit are completely different to others.
1.1, 3
name three legilations, guidelines, policies or procedures to include bullying. (look at outcome 1.3 and outcome 5.2) analyse them as to how they affect day to day work.

can anyone help me?
I know the legislations etc just mind block on how I go about analysing them?
Unread 09-19-2019, 07:40 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

bron1311 is on a distinguished road

That sounds like an easier way to do it, did u find it ok and signed off