Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

SoreHead is on a distinguished road
Wide Eyed Please help..my mind's turned to mush

I've hit the dreaded brick wall, after working on this all weekend my brain is frazzled.
I'm doing a creative reflective account and have to answer the Knowledge point 'Adapt the environment and activities so that all children can take part equally and, where neccessary, provide alternate activities'
I started writing about children with disabilities, however on further reading of the question my assessor has marked that it's more to do with age ranges, specifically 3-7 years (I work with primary aged children 5-11, so why she's given me this age range is beyond me)

Please help, I'm at the stage now where I feel like throwing my coursework (and my laptop!) out of the window

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Please help, even my manager couldn't help me with this question this morning
Unread 02-21-2011, 01:31 PM

j.trina10 is on a distinguished road

Your assessor seems helpful.....not! I am doing the Diploma and have smoked a thousand cigarettes and only answered half a question and i've been at it all morning! I would of done exactly as you said about disabilities. Have u googled the question? If no try that. Maybe go along the lines of children all learn at different rates, some slower, some faster so if those particular children for the specified age group are unable to do the activity planned, adapt it, if not change the activity to something easier/harder???? Sorry i am not much help, just wanted to let you know that i feel like giving up too! :-(
Unread 02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you have two years of the age range which could be good for you to focus on.

Look at what the expectations of learning & development are and where activities occur in your setting, what space there is for children to access them - 4 chairs to a table maybe /open floor space/outdoor activity that involves steps?

Has the environment ever had to adapt/change to ensure inclusion?
Have you ever been aware that a child doesn't participate, or finds it challenging to particpate due to the layout/number of children present/type of resources used?

How are books displayed for storytelling maybe, mark making and other creative tools made accessible.

It might be that you are in a totally inclusive environment already and maybe could example how the layout & design caters for individual needs?

Hth a little
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-21-2011, 10:42 PM

Thanks guys, sometimes it's just so difficult to get your head around the question huh?
Well, hopefully it'll all be over soon, middle of next month my assessor hopes.