Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

PamJ is on a distinguished road
General question Unit 115 2.6 evaluate impact of strategies on well-being? HSC 3045 / CYPOP 41

Please help. does anyone know the answer to this? I,ve been staring at it for ages now but my mind is blank. 'Evaluate the impact on an individual's wellbeing of using reactive rather than proactive strategies'
thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-10-2011, 03:57 PM

sarah.krause is on a distinguished road

hi pam
I dont seem to be able to get my head around 3.2 evaluate the effectivness of proactive strategies on mitigating challenging behaviour??
my brain seems to of just stopped now and i do not know where to even start with this one can you help ??? x
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:18 AM

PamJ is on a distinguished road
Default CYPW diploma: CU1571 - HSC 3045 - Unit 115 - CYPOP 41 - promote positive behaviour

This is what I wrote for 2.6
If you use proactive strategies then you can stop the behaviour before it starts. Therefore the child feels calm and relaxed and everyone is happy. If reactive strategies are used then the behaviour has already happened and the child may be experiencing remorse, be ashamed,confused, humiliated about the incident/outburst. Whereas Proactive strategies identify triggers and early indicators that help to stop the behaviour before it starts, reactive strategies deal with the behaviour once it’s done.

If house rules or boundaries aren’t known then the child won’t know what is expected from them.