Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
General question k2d87 describe the expected patterns of children's development

for phyiscal development , communication and intellectual development , social , emtional and behavioural development

I have a list which answered question k2d47 which asked for the above to be listed but not sure what this question wants is it another list or something totaly different any help on how to answer this question is greatly needed.

Thanks T

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

paula06 is on a distinguished road

I just condensed my answer, which ive pasted for you below.... I think your doing different ages to me so it may not be helpful, but it may give you an idea...

Physical development.

3-7 years--- At this stage, children are able to carry out more co-ordinate movements and growing in confidence as a result. They have more control over fine motor skills such as cutting, writing and drawing. They are also more confident in activities, such as running, hopping, kicking a ball and using larger equipment.

7-14 years--- Children continue to grow, develop and refine many of their skills through these years. They may start to have hobbies and interests, such as sport or dance, which means that they are more practiced in some areas. They may also be able to make very controlled fine movements, such as those required for playing an instrument, sewing or drawing. Girls in particular, start to show some early signs of puberty from the age of 10 or 11. In boys puberty usually starts later, when there will be another period of rapid physical growth.

Communication development.

3-7 years--- As children become more social and have wider experiences they start to use an increasing number of familiar phrases and expressions. They also ask a lot of questions and are able to talk about things in the past and future with greater confidence.

7-14 years --- By this stage, most children are fluent speakers of language and are developing and refining their skills at reading and writing. Their language skills enable them to think about and discuss their ideas and learning in more abstract terms

Intellectual development.

3-7 years--- This period of development in which children start to become skilled with aspects of number and writing, as well as continuing to learn about their world. They still look for adult’s approval and are starting to learn to read.

7-14 years--- Children start to develop ideas about activities or subjects they enjoy. They are still influenced by adults and are becoming fluent in reading and writing skills. They are developing their own thoughts and preferences and are able to transfer information and think in a more abstract way.

Social, emotional and behavioral development

3-7 years--- Children are still developing their identities and are starting to play with their peers and socializing, using imaginative play. This helps them to develop their concept of different roles in their lives. It is important that they understand the importance of boundaries and why they are necessary. They also respond well to being given responsibilities, for example, as class helper, and need adult approval.

7-14 years--- Children’s friendships become more settled and they have groups of friends. They need to have the chance to solve problems and carry out activities that requires more independence. They continue to need praise and encouragement and are increasingly aware of what others think of them.

---------------------------------------------
NVQ lvel 2 book preview pages for patterns of development

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 03-15-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added link
Unread 08-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
Default k2d87

thank you that has pointed me in the right direction

thanks t
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

zen7861 is on a distinguished road

hi im doing nvq level 2 in supporting teaching and learning in school and im stuck!! can anyone help me!! please!! the question asks:produce a table that will describe the expected pattern of children and young peoples development from birth to 19years, to include
physical development
communication and intellectual development
social, emotional and behavioural development
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mummy to 5 is on a distinguished road

I have not long started the level 2 as well and asks to do a table from birth to 19 Zen, i am struggling trying to put it in my own words and can't even do a table on the computer, so any ideas or help would be most grateful