Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default eymp 3

Hi everyone
Can anyone give me a advice on during off site visits, unfortunately we do not take our children out for visits due to us being a playgroup.

The question is :
2.2. Explain systems for supporting children’s safety when:
during off site visits

I have completed the other questions in section 2.2 just need guidance on this one

I understand the normal things like:
Risk assessments.
Parental visits
Emergency contact numbers
First aid
Mobile phone, money, weather related items

Is there anything else i need to add?
Does anybody know what the staff/child ratio is?

Thankyou for your help

Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Sorry ment to say parental consent not parental visits

Lynne
Unread 07-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kerrie D is on a distinguished road

HI Lynne

We normally have a ratio of 1:2 when we go on walks around the village. We normally put up a list for parents to add their names to so that they can come with us and help for the visit. This proves to be successful most of the time and the children love going for a walk about.

Hope this helps
Kerrie
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrie D View Post
HI Lynne

We normally have a ratio of 1:2 when we go on walks around the village. We normally put up a list for parents to add their names to so that they can come with us and help for the visit. This proves to be successful most of the time and the children love going for a walk about.

Hope this helps
Kerrie
Hi Kerrie

thankyou for your reply. We used to take the children to the park and beach which we then did the ratio of 1:2 but recently in town i saw day nursery staff there with about 10 children and two adults, there were about 6 children strapped together with one adult and another adult with a double buggy with two children in and additional 2 children walking with her. Personally i would refuse to take children with that ratio and both staff were infront of six children trailing behind them, wish i had my camera because i would have complaint to the nursery with proof. I though the ratio had changed dramitically with off site visits. glad it hasn't as me as a passer by thought it was really dangerous especially as the staff were chit chattering and giving the children no interaction and more importantly the children were not being supervised safely.

Lynne
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:20 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Lynne
if you have a copy of the EYFS book it tells you in there the staff ratio it all depends on the age of the children think its 1:8 for over 5`s, 1:3 for children age 3-4, and 1:1 for children younger not got my book its at school
how are you getting on with it all Lynne ? x
Unread 07-27-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi Lynne
if you have a copy of the EYFS book it tells you in there the staff ratio it all depends on the age of the children think its 1:8 for over 5`s, 1:3 for children age 3-4, and 1:1 for children younger not got my book its at school
how are you getting on with it all Lynne ? x
Hi Wendy

yeah getting on fine.
Are you enjoying your free time?

Yeah i know the ratio inside premises but surely its not the same when you go outside in the environment. Perhaps it shows in the EYFS about off site visits.

The tratio inside is 1:8 for 3-4 year olds
1:4 for 1-3 years and 1:2 for babies. but don't know whether there is a ratio outside on off site visits.
Actually just thought it might be on the OFSTED website will look.

Many thanks for your help.

can you see anything that i have missed?

Lynne
Unread 07-27-2011, 04:52 PM

hi Lynne
looks good to me and the ratios is in the EYFS book on offsite visits and im so bored without college work to do but im glad ive finished it only other thing i wrote was about the bus must have seatbelts and children must be fastened in oh and headcounts throughout the trip oh and suitable toilets if you have a child with specific requirements x
Unread 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi Lynne
looks good to me and the ratios is in the EYFS book on offsite visits and im so bored without college work to do but im glad ive finished it only other thing i wrote was about the bus must have seatbelts and children must be fastened in oh and headcounts throughout the trip oh and suitable toilets if you have a child with specific requirements x
Hi Wendy
did you just write about things that you would do or did you actually take them on an off site visit?

Yeah i understand that it must be sort of boring now because you havent got deadlines to meet with course work.

Do you have any ideas about training further ?

Yeah will look at eyfs offsite visits to get ratio.

Lynne
Unread 07-27-2011, 05:57 PM

hi lynne
i work in a primary school so have been on quite a few trips so i answered some using reflective practice i have had a quick look through my online folder but cant find my work will have another look and if i find it i will pm you x
Unread 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM

hi Lynne
forgot to say my assesser wants me to seriously consider the founation degree she said she will write me a reference but i really dont want to do it but would like to do something else not sure what yet though x