Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 09-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Hija

Default Breakfast and after school club ratios??

hi
does anybody have a clue what are the ratios in breakfast and after school club? I believe I have been given the wrong info
27 children and 2 teachers in breakfast club is undoubtedly not enough?? especially when one of the teachers is running back and forward to the doors??
the children are 4+ but there is a lot of them!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mini is on a distinguished road

The out of school care (breakfst/afterschool/holiday clubs)ratio is one adult to 8 children aged 3 - 7 years plus a minimum of 2 staff for any children aged 8 years plus. Your group should be no more than 26 children.

You need to have a copy of the National Standards for Under 8s Daycare and Childminding - OUT OF SCHOOL CARE -.

Phone Ofsted and ask them to send you a copy.
Unread 09-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Hija

Thank You Mini I will definitively look at that closer.
Unread 09-06-2008, 09:53 PM

Mini is on a distinguished road

Hi Hija,
You can also get the info from the Ofsted site. Go to their homepage and enter Out of School Care into their search engine.
Unread 09-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Hija

Hello
I did have a look last night on the website and I do have a list of questions for my Headteacher and I will be seeing Him on Monday. I will get control back ;)
Thank You :))
Unread 11-04-2008, 11:49 PM

m1sspr0ject is on a distinguished road

in the out of school club i worked in the ratios were one staff memeber to 8 children. and i checked a goverment web site and its true this is what they said.

How many children can the out of school club care for?
This depends on the amount of space that is available, and the number of staff that are employed. Ofsted require that staff ratios should be one adult to eight children (for children aged four-eight years). If the Out of School club is also used by children over eight years, the ratio should always remain 1:8 for children under eight years. It should be noted that no more than 26 children should be allowed in any one room regardless of the size of the room.

hope this helps you with your question good luck at the meeting x